Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

c8vVeoJ.png

Yuudai sat there listening the next couple of students, Diana and Katsurou, only nodding his head slightly. It seemed most of the classmates he had shared a similar vision on what a hero meant to them...but then there was Kess.

"Y'all are talking abut heroes being something to inspire... inspire what? To be like them? Why the hell would I want to be like any of the other heroes... We're here to surpass them, RIGHT? If I inspire anything, it's gonna be fear. Fear in any villain who thinks he's going to get in my way. Who thinks he can get up to any shit while I'm around. Fear in any hero that isn't up to snuff! We're the first in a new wave of heroes. I'm not gonna waste my time admiring any of the old ones. Or any of you. I don't care if any of you hate me, or are scared of me, or think what I'm willing to do to be a hero it wrong. I don't care if the people I SAVE are afraid of me, I'll break every bone in my damn body to fight for them just the same! I'm sick and TIRED of tryin' to follow in any FOOTSTEPS."

After saying that last sentence, Kess' eyes were trained right on Yuudai. It was a stinging glare, but from Yuudai...he was giving a similar glare right back at her. It was obvious that this wasn't something that gelled well with him and he was already clenching his fists tightly. To others in the classroom, they could possibly cut the tension with a knife as well as sit back and enjoy the light show.

Once she was done, Yuudai's eyes were just trained on her as she made her way back. ...the hell kind of attitude is that? he thought, exhaling sharply as the rest of the students decided to continue and tell the class their answers. Honestly they were all fine answers...it was only Kess'. Well there's always one...

"You're all so lame! Although, I was pretty lame when I first started the business."

Yuudai blinked a bit, not expecting to hear that pretty much everyone was lame for the answers they gave, buuuuuuut it was alright. It didn't mean they fai-

"You. You fail."

Spoke too soon... he thought, but saw where this was directed: Kess. Then again, it didn't surprise him. What kind of answer was that? This was a HERO school, not a school for anti-heroes or villains. Still, he grabbed his Algebra book, though he despised this, and tried his best to ignore that.

HQiOaTA.png?1

The lessons seemed to drag on forever...right now most of this didn't seem very hero-esque, buuuuut then again...it was still a school.

"Oh class~!  Before I forget~! Next week we'll be starting your in-field training~!  We're short on licensed heroes these days~!  Crimes are picking up!  So the government is giving us special permission to let you use your powers under adult hero supervision~!  We just need a signature from your parents or guardian to let you do so~! In-field training starts next week~!  It was nice to meet you Class 1-B~!  Have a good day~!"

In-Field Training? So soon? Yuudai felt a smile reach across his face. This seemed great! He tossed the paper in his bag and sighed slightly, stretching some as some of his chain-like muscles started moving in the process. Standing up, he made his way to the back of the classroom to where Herc sat...though he was making sure he was avoiding Kess like the plague.

"Nice answer you gave out up there, Herc." he said with a smile. "Wouldn't have thought to use 'responsibility' as a reason to be a hero. All in all, not bad."

The students that followed up Valerie had some unusual responses. One even brought up religion into it. It was all well and good that they had something to drive them but she couldn't really feel any of their passion in their words. The heat-producing girl zoned out a bit until Kess came up and gave her speech.

Valerie watched her closely. There was something desperate about the answer. When the girl was finished Valerie had already realized that it was a bad call to insult the prior generations of heroes. After all that was all they had right now to defend the people. They might not be enough but to dismiss them entirely...

And it turned out that Kess was in fact the only one to be tossed out. The teacher's decision was probably for the best but the way she spoke rubbed Valerie the wrong way.

All throughout the lesson she couldn't help but be somewhat distracted by that thought. She still tried to absorb as much information as she could but her mind continued to wander back to that.

As class ended there was something that managed to temporarily drive the thing with Kess out of her head.

a signature from your parents or guardian

She'd have to ask her mother. Ask her for a favor. Her mother had spent many years trying to pretend Valerie wasn't there. Doing this would force the woman to pay attention to her. And what if the woman refused? Valerie wished she could be confident that her mother wouldn't be so petty but history has shown that the woman could stoop pretty low to snub her daughter. Still, if she managed this...she'd be able to fight criminals. Help people. Make sure less kids grew up in a home like her own.

The thought reminded her of the other thing that had been on her mind. Kess.

She stood up suddenly and looked for the teacher. Seeing her leaving the classroom she rushed past her classmates and out the door to catch up with her. "Miss...Ms. Hitotsume." Valerie gasped out. "I'm sure you're busy but I just have to ask about something. That girl, Kess, when you failed her...Aren't you worried? I'm not saying she should be here but do you think it's okay to just let someone so full of anger walk out without trying to help them out?"

Wasn't that part of being a hero? Not just stopping bad guys but making sure people who needed help got it? Kess might not be a hero but she was obviously someone in trouble of some kind.

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda let out a huff as the teacher dared call him lame. He wanted to say something, but decided against it - even he knew not to anger the teacher that could kick you out of the class easily. He was excited - he had made it! He grinned from ear to ear as he waited for the next class would be. He didn't even know what type of cool stuff they'd teach at a hero school - Entry Speech 101? Close Quarter Combat sounded very excited. He sat at the edge of his seat, waiting on the words of his teacher to say something awesome...

"Time for some Algebra~!"

Algebra!? Suda couldn't believe this - Algebra was his first class!? If he wanted to learn Algebra, he would have gone to a normal school! I mean they had given him a math book and everything, but he was hoping to get to the cool hero stuff immediately. Begrudgingly, Suda took out his book from his bag with a grumble as he opened it up on his desk. 

His very mundane day had finally finished, and Suda was a bit disappointing. He almost forgot what school he was in for a moment, however, it was then announced that they were going to have in-field training. Now we're talking! He eagerly grabbed the page as held it high above him - all he needed was a signature, and that part was easy. He could give his parents literally anything and they'd sign it without even reading the damn thing. "Hell yeah!" Suda shouted loudly, pumping his fist.

ksARFRH.png

"Y'all are talking abut heroes being something to inspire... inspire what? To be like them? Why the hell would I want to be like any of the other heroes... We're here to surpass them, RIGHT? If I inspire anything, it's gonna be fear."

Ehhh?

"Fear in any villain who thinks he's going to get in my way. Who thinks he can get up to any shit while I'm around. Fear in any hero that isn't up to snuff!"

This girl's bad news, after all. Is she crazy? In the wake of the shock that was someone putting out an answer as incredibly un-heroic as Kess's, none of the other answers really stood out that much to Hibiki. She did figure out the name of the tall girl though. Her name was Misu. One by one, the small remainder of students stepped up, shared their thoughts on the question posed to them, and before she knew it, that was everyone. And everyone passed! Except for...

"You. You fail. You lack common respect, and you clearly have a rage in you that I couldn't control. A shame really. You can stay for the rest of the day, but I don't want to see you back here tomorrow. You wouldn't know what a Hero was if they came up and smacked you upside the head. Change your attitude, and try again next year."

Well, that was just the way the cookie crumbled. People like that were probably why this question was there in the first place. To sniff out the dangerous types, and get them the hell out of here before they did something that would look bad for heroes the world over. And then... it was time for math. It took Hibiki a bit to realize that it wasn't a joke. Even if it was meant to rear up talented heroes, U.A. was still a school. At least math was always one of her better school subjects. History, on the other hand...

Well, that was the school day. Ms. Hitotsume handed out papers, saying that they had to get them signed to be able to do hero stuff during their time here. Hibiki could do that. She wanted to check out the city with her weekend, but a quick trip back home didn't seem that bad either.

"Sounds fun. Sure you can handle it, Hibiki?"

"Of course I can," she answered with gusto, wings flapping eagerly. It wasn't even time to do hero stuff yet and she was already so excited! Pulling the corner of her mouth up to show Misu one of the sharp fangs within, she continued "I can bite the bad guys wif tese." It wasn't much, but it was certainly a start. Plus, it wasn't like that was the only trick up her sleeve. Even if HIbiki didn't look especially powerful.

"Hell yeah!"

Oh! That's an idea!

"You saw what I can do in the exam, right?" Hibiki asked, leaning forward and tapping Suda on the shoulder. "I can totally take care of myself! Tell her."

ohSLUWk.png

Herc listened to everyone's answers, and he supposed they were all well and good. The answers ranged from 'selflessly helping others', to 'being a role model' (coming from the bancho of all people, not what he expected), to someone who stands for justice. Obvious answers were obvious, but they needed to be said. What else was there to say?

Then there was one final answer. The Firecracker had a... passionate answer to say the least. She wanted to surpass the heroes, and strike fear into well... everyone, it seemed like. On one hand, it sorta made sense, but on the other, that wasn't the way heroes should be, at least in his own mind. But hey, it was obvious she was passionate, and that could be channeled. He was sure this school made for teaching heroes would be able to correct her and lead her down the right pat---

"You.  You fail.  You lack common respect, and you clearly have a rage in you that I couldn't control.  A shame really.  You can stay for the rest of the day, but I don't want to see you back here tomorrow.  You wouldn't know what a Hero was if they came up and smacked you upside the head.  Change your attitude, and try again next year." 

Or not. Oh... that... huh. That didn't sit right with Herc, not at all. He didn't know what to say, there wasn't even an attempt to try to correct her. She just was just... let go. He didn't even know what to say. He didn't even have much time to think about it, as they soon jumped into algebra.

The end of the day finally came, and Herc sighed to himself. It wasn't anything too hard, persay, but that didn't mean he enjoyed it. Still, he'll do what he needed to in order to pass and become a great hero.

"Oh class~!  Before I forget~! Next week we'll be starting your in-field training~!  We're short on licensed heroes these days~!  Crimes are picking up!  So the government is giving us special permission to let you use your powers under adult hero supervision~!  We just need a signature from your parents or guardian to let you do so~! In-field training starts next week~!  It was nice to meet you Class 1-B~!  Have a good day~!" 

In-field training, huh? Well, they were being thrown into the world of heroing very quickly, and he would embed every second into his soul. He just needed to fax this to his parents so they could fax it back. He had to wonder how they where doing over there... Yuudai then approached Herc, catching the beetle's attention.

"Nice answer you gave out up there, Herc." he said with a smile. "Wouldn't have thought to use 'responsibility' as a reason to be a hero. All in all, not bad."

"Thanks. It's something my pops keeps tellin' me, although I still feel like I don't completely understand it," Herc mentioned. "Being inspiring isn't a bad answer either, ya know?" He sighed as his mind drifted back to Kess. "Shame about your girlfriend though, man. I didn't think they'd kick her out. I figured, ya know, they'd teach her the right way... then again, what was I expecting, the school administrations to actually do their jobs and try to teach people?" Herc commented in a joking tone, even if the sentiment was anything but a joke to him. This was, after all, a school in the end. It wouldn't be a school unless someone got left behind. At the same time, it wasn't like he had an answer to this either.

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

c8vVeoJ.png

"Shame about your girlfriend though, man. I didn't think they'd kick her out. I figured, ya know, they'd teach her the right way... then again, what was I expecting, the school administrations to actually do their jobs and try to teach people?"

This caused Yuudai to snicker slightly, rolling his eyes at Herc. "I think you happen to be using 'girlfriend' in the wrong context there." he said, crossing his arms. "You know good and well that she outright attacked us, took advantage of my Quirk's weakness, and to top it all off..."

The young man slowly held up the rock/pebble that was thrown at the back of his head before class started. "She threw THIS at my head." He shoved the rock into his pocket and exhaled sharply. "That and...I...I dunno. What she said just honestly didn't sit right with me." Yuudai's voice began to lower to a whisper, making sure that Kess couldn't hear them. "I mean, think about it. Everyone else had a similar answer to give on what they thought it meant to be a hero. But her? She went in a complete different direction... What kind of attitude is that for a hero to have?"

He sighed greatly, before shaking his head. "I dunno man...I thought I saw the weirdest thing during the entrance exam...but she takes the cake."

Diana watched in confusion and a non-zero amount of disgust as Kess mouthed off. What was she even talking about? Why was she here if she detested heroes so much? Diana clenched her fists, ready to open her mouth and tell her off... when the teacher kicked her out. Gone, failed on the spot. The only student to be kicked out. Diana couldn't help but feel sick over the entire event, to the point that it almost overcame her excitement for the day. Almost.

-----

By the end of the day, Diana's head was in a better place. While the first of her school days was boring, it would suffice. Waving goodbye to Yuuka and the others, she headed home, producing a phone from her pocket. After all, she just had to talk to her parents after the day, right? And the need for their signature was just a nice pretense to call them ASAP! Although, as Diana dialed, she realized there was no fax machine on the farm... Maybe she could get it to work via email?

A quick call later, Diana was stretching as she returned to her temporary home, spinning her right arm around and holding her right shoulder.

"Mmm... still a bit off from yesterday... I really need to do more work."

Lesnar knew he would have to get it over with. Form in hand, he watched as the class stayed behind to socialize, which did not interest him. Instead, he simply left for the day to return to the place he would call home for his new life here. His headphones were put back on as he had no reason to listen to another teacher, letting another somber tune (TBD) signify that it was time to unwind after a hard day's work. More attentiveness to his surroundings were instinctual at this point, as he had found out the hard way that people here were actually somewhat active and civilized. These streets were not like the ones he grew up in, which were mostly deserted and the people that were there didn't care about you.

His apartment was just down the street, but something felt off. There was a vehicle parked where he remembered wasn't occupied the first couple of days he was here. Considering there was no direct connection between parking and housing, he let the idea blow by that he may have accidentally gotten the key to someone else's place. Nonetheless, he was rather tired, and home was the only thing on his mind as he made for the door, unlocking it with the key... only to realize the door was already unlatched.

"Did I forget to lock it?" he muttered, "No that can't be right, I remember clearly..." he shrugged it off as he walked in, noticing a row of shoes in the entryway. Someone was indeed in here. Lesnar would only put this together just before looking up to see a woman look back from the kitchen.

"Oh, he's here!" she sang, dropping whatever utensils she was holding as she sped towards the door with open arms, "You must be Lesnar! Oh, so good to finally meet you!" Without consent, she embraced him, quickly retracting to look at him from top to bottom, "So skinny, my word! We're just about to have dinner! Join us, please!" As she went back to the kitchen, Lesnar's bewildered and wandering eyes found purchase with two others in the room; a man sat on the sofa just to Lesnar's left and a young boy was seen standing on one of the chairs placed by the table just a few feet from the couch. In the boy's hand was a toy airplane that he flew around over the table, making engine sounds by motorboating his lips. As soon as Lesnar saw him, the boy looked back with beaming eyes.

"Lesbian!" he shouted as he jumped off the chair to run towards him. Lesnar let out a sudden chuckle from the shock of hearing this boy say such a word, which caused the man to lower his newspaper and look back. Lesnar immediately noticed disappointment on the man's face as he could feel the boy wrap around his legs.

"U-uh, it's... it's LesNER, ummm..." Lesnar corrected the boy but since no introductions were made yet, he no knowledge of their names.

"Oh, where are my manners!" the woman shouted over a steaming tray of food straight out of the oven, "I am Hana Oshiro, that's Kaito hugging you," Kaito soon let go to run back to the table, "and on the couch is my husband, Sora."

"H-hello," Lesnar clumsily greeted, "Um, if I may ask..."

"Oh yes, I'm so sorry, I meant to call you! We were on vacation, so we just had the key sent to you. We'll be your sponsor family while you're in school!"

"Sponsor family?" Lesnar cocked his head slightly.

"Yes, dear! You really expect to live alone in another country at your age? Until you're old enough, you need someone to take care of you." She paused a moment with a puzzled look on her face, "You... didn't know that?"

"Well... no, not really," Lesnar softly responded. At this point he was already removing his shoes and making his way toward the table, "I expected to... you know, live alone like I've felt like I've been doing before coming here."

"Oh my dear boy, you will never be alone here!" Hana's voice grew determined like a woman on a mission, "We're practically family now. Now take a seat, we're about to eat!" Hesitating only for a moment, Lesnar pulled out the nearest chair to seat himself for the meal to come. Only at the last second did Sora seat himself as far as possible from Lesnar, refusing to make eye contact. At that point, dinner was served. Lesnar was blown away. He hadn't eaten this good since... well, ever. His aunt could cook, but he would only get the cheap stuff.

Moments passed as the feast disappeared from the trays that they were placed on. With full bellies, Lesnar let the fact that he was full process in his mind. The feeling was foreign to him. He had never felt this full in his life. He wiped his face with a napkin, catching a cold glimpse from Sora at the end of the table. He could feel the scorn on his expression, which Lesnar sensed as the man got up and walked down the hallways which led to what Lesnar assumed were the bedrooms. There was a brief pause, and Lesnar had a feeling what for.

"T-th-thank you so much for dinner, Mrs. Oshiro," Lesnar let roll out, as holding in the praise was too much for his conscience to handle, "I haven't eaten that well since-"

"Oh no need to thank me, dear, it's the least I can do! Also, you can just call me Hana!" Hana was practically glowing as she spoke with such glee in her voice. The aura faded slightly as she noticed Lesnar turning his head to look down the hallway, "...and don't mind him. He never really enjoyed company. He'll warm up to you though." With that, Hana rose up to begin gathering plates, "You should know where your room is though, right?"

"Oh, yes," Lesnar replied, "In fact, I'm surprised I didn't accidentally put my stuff in the wrong one."

"It's fine, you thought you had the whole place to yourself, right?" she let out a hearty and joyful laugh, causing whatever tension Lesnar felt to release all at once as he laughed with her. At that moment Lesnar realized he had a form to be signed.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Since you're... my guardian, I guess, can you sign this form for me?"

"Oh, of course, dear! What for?"

"It's... for early hero licenses. They're in need of more people, so..."

"Ah, I see." Hana's voice began to wane, "so they're throwing you in danger right away, is that right?"

"I... guess that's one way of putting it."

"Well..." she hesitated, "well alright, no better way to learn than with real experience, but darn it you better be careful!" Lesnar was shocked by this woman starting to sound frustrated as she gingerly took the form that he had handed out, placing it on the table to sign her name on the line that prompted it. Handing it back, she gave him a wink, presumably of good luck, and she went back to the kitchen with a stack of plates in hand.

With a stretch, Lesnar went to his bedroom to retire for the evening, not expecting a certain someone to be sitting on his bed, waiting for him.

"Close the door," Sora muttered, with an obvious tinge of hostility. Lesnar quietly did so as Sora got up and walked up to him, "Tell me... how is it that you speak Japanese so well?"

"W-well, I-I-I-"

"C'mon, spit it out!"

"M-mostly from anime, sir..." Lesnar swallowed, beginning to sweat at the intimidating presence of his new father figure.

"Ha! Anime. Of course it's anime." he huffed, putting his hands in his pockets as he leaned up to him, "Let me just set something straight with you, boy. My wife and son may have accepted you with open arms, but I haven't. This is my family. My place. To me, you're not family. You're just a stranger in this household and you're not welcome."

"I-I-I'm sorry sir, but-"

"But nothing." Sora snapped, "Now, as reluctant as I am to accept you, this is just the way things are going to be from now on. Clearly, you don't have a source of income and you won't have time for work anyway with your current schedule, so you won't be able to pay rent. So because of that, you will be earning your stay by not being a freeloaning lazybody. You will help around the house. You will help with cooking. Whatever help we need that we can't do on our own, we will turn to you, and most importantly..." his lips curled to hold back a curse, "...you will set a good example for my son. I will not tolerate a bad influence for him to grow up on. You would do well to watch yourself around him. You hear me?"

"Y-y-yes sir!" Lesnar swallowed again, eyeing the finger that was pointed inches from his face.

"I'll be watching you. Be a good boy and don't cause trouble for my family." Without another word, he stormed past Lesnar to fling the door open and slam it shut again, which cause a severe wave of vibrations to cascade through him. A few minutes of pure white noise followed as he made his way to his bed and plopped down onto it. With a full belly, a signed form, and something he's never truly had his whole life... a family... Lesnar's new life had officially begun.

whIkgqw.png

"Of course I can," she said rather flippantly, flapping her wings as opened her mouth wide to show Misu. "I can bite the bad guys wif tese." Hibiki then turned to the boy making a huge racket for no reason, the one who had introduced himself as Suda.  "You saw what I can do in the exam, right?" Hibiki asked, leaning forward and tapping Suda on the shoulder. "I can totally take care of myself! Tell her."

"Whatever you say squirt!"  Misu said, smacking her knee at the thought of the girl tussling with someone.  "I'm sure you'll have the baddies quivering in their seal leather boots!"  The girl was a riot.  "You ever thought about joining a gang, Hibi?"  Misu said, leaning in close, then pushing herself away.  "Just kiddin'!"  Misu laughed, as she almost crumbled her paper in her hand.  She looked at it for a moment, stopping herself from laughing too much.  "I'll have no prob getting a signature from my mom...My dad's kinda got a thing against me going here...doesn't really trust the government."  She shrugged.  "Guess I'll have to keep it from him, huh?"

Meanwhile, in the hallway

As Ms. Hitotsume strolled down the hallway, she took out a pack of cigarettes from her pocket, almost mocking the 'No Smoking' sign she walked past. 

"Miss...Ms. Hitotsume."

She stopped in her tracks, sighing a bit.  From the voice, she knew exactly who it was.  She turned around, with a raised eyebrow and half-assed smile.

"Ms. Clark, was it?  How can I help you?"  

"I'm sure you're busy but I just have to ask about something. That girl, Kess, when you failed her...Aren't you worried? I'm not saying she should be here but do you think it's okay to just let someone so full of anger walk out without trying to help them out?"

Ms. Hitotsume placed the cigarette in her mouth, and lit it.  She took a deep breath in, before exhaling the smoke to the side.

"Of course I'm worried, Ms. Clark.  But that girl is on a whole other level of ego.  She needs a reality check."  She took another drag of her cigarette before continuing.  "I'm guessing this is the first road block she's ever come across in life that she couldn't get by with brute force.  If she really wants to be a hero...one of the thing she aspires to be, yet also despises, she needs to wrap her head around the fact that she's not going to get there with that attitude."  Ms. Hitotsume looked past Valerie and towards the classroom.  "I'm not a therapist Ms. Clark, but I have my own way of saving people."  She waved to Valerie, with the cigarette dangling from her mouth.  "I am a hero after all."  

mVvsZap.png?1

Getting back to her seat fairly quickly after presenting, Yuuka merely looked to the front of the classroom as she seemed to take a notebook out. Writing down as each and every student gave their answer, Yuuka merely closed it and stowed it away once that part of the class was done. Yuuka herself kept the same smile on her face throughout each of the answers, even when the most bombastic of them had gone up to talk. At the end of it all, Yuuka felt as though she had a good read on each of the students here, and so she didn't seem to react much once Kess was told she was expelled. The notion behind it didn't really surprise her much, though, as the first impression that Kess had made to the class was hardly a heroic one. This was just the official nail in the coffin. 

From there, class seemed to proceed on as normal. Which is to say, it proceeded on like one would expect of a normal high school. Initially surprised by this, the girl figured that at the end of the day, a hero still needed to know things, and it helped train them in other regards as well. Yuuka looked to the rest of the students, that had a typical mix of annoyance, apathy and some enjoyment for the classes that followed. Once they were done with, Yuuka gave a wave to Diana as she made her way home, and looked at the permission slip in hand. Mulling over it as she looked, the girl looked troubled as she did so. Her parents were already barely aware of what this kind of a school was, and she had only skimmed on some of the details of her entrance exam. Being thrown into the fire straight away was an entirely different matter, though. Thinking some more, the girl sighed, and then smiled saying, to herself, "well, it'll be fine anyway." 

Putting the slip away, the girl instead took out her notebook and looked at the rest of the students that were still in the room. With a cheery look on her face, the girl watched the conversations they were having, every now and then seeming to look at and write in her open notebook. 

"I am a hero after all."  

Valerie had to admit she was impressed. The woman had seemed rather lackluster and unfitting but the response she was given fell in line with her own thoughts. Valerie's fist clenched as she considered it. "You gotta fight if you want to succeed." She said. "Getting past obstacles is what it's all about." She nodded firmly, more for herself than the teacher, and flashed the woman a thumbs up. "I like you, teach." Valerie declared.

"Now I guess it's time for my own battle!" She waved goodbye to the teacher and started off at a jog. No more delays. She had a signature to get.

When she got home she noticed the door was unlocked. Which was commonplace these days. Sighing she closed the door and locked it. Valerie had stopped arguing with her mother long ago about her habit of keeping the door unlocked. The response was always the same "What else do I have to lose?"

Hearing the television in the other room the girl decided she would likely find her mother there.

As she made her way she noticed the overflowing garbage cans. The garbage was supposed to be put out today. Usually Valerie would have done it but she had forgotten to in her haste to get to her first day of school.

Keeping it in mind she continued on into the living room where her mother was laying on the couch, watching some television show, and mouthing along to the words on screen.

"You're supposed to go to work in fifteen, mom." Valerie said with hesitation.

The woman didn't so much as look at her. "Yeah? I got time."

Valerie's hesitated again. That was that. Usually Valerie would just go find food and then head off for a run or some other activity but she couldn't this time. Her eyes went downward.

And the woman took note of this. "What is it? You're making it hot in here why don't you move along?"

"Permission slip." Valerie muttered without looking up. A silence followed.

"What?"

Valerie glanced up and saw the woman looking directly at her. Something she hardly ever did these days. "Er, the school. They need your signature for..."

"No." She said, then looked back to the television. "I don't care if you waste your time at that place. Trying to be a 'hero' but I'm not putting my name on whatever that is. If you want to play around then you do it yourself."

"I'm not!" Valerie shouted. Her mother flinched at the shout. Her eyes clouded over even as she watched the television and Valerie's shoulders slumped. "I'm not wasting my time." Valerie said, softer, with less confidence. "This would let me use...this will let me fight against criminals. It would let me help people."

"You'll never help people." Her mother said, venom seeping into her words. "Not with...that. You should give up on it before you tear another family apart."

The words struck Valerie like a bullet. She could feel a physical effect. Her hand moved up to her chest, where it felt as though her heart was being constricted, and she noticed her hand trembling. "Please." Valerie managed to gasp out. "I have to...if not for me then for him! Please!" She took a step forward but froze as she saw her mother's stare.

At first it was one of anger, at the mere implied mention of her deceased husband, but it quickly turned to one of fear.

Valerie followed her gaze down and noticed her hand, and forearm, was engulfed in flame.

"Get out." Her mother said, voice trembling with a mixture of hate and terror. "Now."

Valerie backed up a few steps. She knocked over a trashcan as she turned and began to run to the door. The slip fell from her other hand as she fumbled for the lock and burst outside. Running down the sidewalk and clutching her fiery arm. Attempting to will the fire to die down.

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda felt someone tapping on his shoulder and, as he turned around, he saw Hibiki, who was asking him about how she did during the test. "Well..." Suda was having a hard time remembering what exactly Hibiki did. When he tried to recall what happened the other day, all he could see was all the stuff he did. He glanced over to the girl Hibiki was talking about, who was teasing the girl. Crap, he had to try harder. As he focused on what happened, it finally came to him.

"Hibiki did good. She screamed. A lot." Suda said proudly, before realizing what he was saying was implying. "N-Not like, panic screaming, but like..." He gestured forwards in a way to attempt a blasting motion. "Like a... super scream! Yeah." He said, putting his hands down. "She held her own against that one girl we met too." He turned to Hibiki, giving the girl a thumbs-up. 

As Katsurou returned to his desk, the girl who he would later learn is Kess, passed by him and caused him to feel a distinct feeling of unease. He was not sure whether it was her body language, her expression or something about her quirk, but to him, just being around her put him on edge. Unable to place the reason for his unease, Katsurou dismissed it as his nerves. His presentation would determine whether he would stay in the school after all.

However, Katsurou’s vague unease shifted into concrete concern as Kess gave her speech. Strangely, she started her speech with an attempt to intimidate Ms. Hitotsume, glaring at her in a way only a Westerner could muster. Unlike her fellow students, who hoped to inspire others to heroics and lead by examples, Kess wanted to inspire fear, both in criminals and in her fellow heroes. Katsurou could not shrug off the similarities of Kess’ ruthlessness and the brutality of King Herod and the oppression of Old Pharaoh Ramses. After all, those with Quirks were subjects of scorn and discrimination, much like the Hebrews under those cruel kings.

“Inspire fear? Who is to say who is a villain or simply a misguided soul? Ought we not offer a chance of redemption to criminals, or those we think to be criminals? She needs as much guidance as the villains she wants to fight…”

As she returned to her seat, Katsurou couldn’t help but to look at Kess, hoping to glean more from her grim expression, averting his gaze once he felt she was about to look back. While the remaining students gave their speeches, Katsurou found it more difficult to pay attention to them than the ones before Kess’ speech. He could help but hear her voice repeat the line in his head, echoing its ominous message.

“What matters is what I'm willing to do. And I'll do goddamn anything.”

Katsurou was shaken out of his brooding by Ms. Hitotsume’s mocking of the class. 

“You. You fail. You lack common respect, and you clearly have a rage in you that I couldn't control.”

While Katsurou thought there would be penalties for not answering the Shogun’s question, he did not truly believe that they would actually expel students for it. Clearly the Hero Academy did not deal in idle threats. As Ms. Hitotsume returned to her sickly sweet voice, Katsurou decided to bury himself in the lines of problems and equations of the lesson, hoping it would keep him from ruminating too much on the issue.

---

As the chimes rang through the school building, indicating the end of the day, Katsurou let out a sigh of relief. The lessons were difficult, but he was thankful that his uncle had placed him through those years in remedial lessons, paid from his own pocket. While his home in Hokkaido had taught him much of the Good Word, it had neglected almost everything else. He would have been completely helpless without his uncle, and he had to offer thanks that God had brought him into his life during his darkest time.

Before leaving for the day, Katsurou thought it would be a good idea to get to know his fellow classmates a little better. After all, if he was going to fight crime, it would be the best if he had some back up. Looking around the room, he noticed that some of his fellow students had already left for the day, and those who remained appeared already preoccupied. He then spotted that studious looking girl, Itou Yuuka, who appeared to be making notes despite the lessons being over.

“Hmm, perhaps she would be able to help both in the class and in crimefighting!”

Katsurou approached Yuuka with a pleasant smile.

“Still making notes on today’s lessons Itou-san? I wish I was as studious as you!”

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka continued to write down in her notebook as she looked towards the group of Misu, Hibiki and Suda continued talking to one another. The girl was merely humming to herself as she seemed to be enjoying the conversation from afar. Tapping her pen to her chin, the girl seemed to be thinking about something, but as she went to go back to writing her thoughts were interrupted. Looking to the side, seeing the boy who had done so, Yuuka had returned the same pleasant smile he had given to her with one her own. Yuuka had made a habit of trying to remember all the names of her classmates so far, but this boy had been one of the easiest having given the second most unique speech that she had heard today. Leaning back and placing her pen down on her desk, the girl said, "well, it's been quite some time since I've heard someone other than a teacher praise me for that. But, something to that effect Yamauchi-san." 

Were the boy to look at her notebook, which she had gestured to at the end of her comment, he would see the page currently was being written on the subject of "Himura, Hibiki." There didn't seem to be that much written down, "fangs - sharp, likely easily capable of drawing blood," or "able to scream loudly - superly  - probably very painful. Most likely dangerous in crowds." There were a few other notes on the different aspects of the girl's quirk, though Yuuka merely stated, "the lessons in class are all well and good, but I think there's also lessons that we can learn from one another that are worth taking notes on." Giggling as she said this, the girl pulled out a notebook out from underneath the current one she was writing which had dividers in it for each subject saying, "but, the notes for class are still worth taking as well." 

Edited by Skaia

On 4/3/2019 at 6:14 AM, Mr. Hyde said:

"You.  You fail.  You lack common respect, and you clearly have a rage in you that I couldn't control.  A shame really.  You can stay for the rest of the day, but I don't want to see you back here tomorrow.  You wouldn't know what a Hero was if they came up and smacked you upside the head.  Change your attitude, and try again next year."

Kess sat there all day, looking at the front of the classroom, somewhat detached from what was going on around her. She could feel the eyes of every other student on her but she didn't meet their eyes. A scowl adorned her face as she sat there, one hand drumming fingers on the top of her desk. They struck with thudding force, drumming a slight depression in the wood, the girl not moderating her Quirk at all as she sat there, much quieter than normal, stewing.

She was tense, holding herself back. It was insanely difficult. She wanted to lash out, kick the head in of everyone that was looking at her, like she was some kind of loser. They didn't get it. The teacher didn't get it. But she would.

The end of the day saw Kess stand abruptly as the teacher left the classroom. She poked her head out the door, seeing she was speaking with Valerie. 

"Oy teach!" She called down the hallway as Valerie started to depart. "Wanna talk to you for a second." She strode down the hallway, not wanting to stay in the classroom with the stragglers. She walked directly up to the teacher, looking directly in her eyes. She still had a glare to it, but it wasn't the derisive one from before, it was just pure ferocity. 

"Rage you can't control, huh?" she asked abruptly, narrowing her gaze. "Here's the thing that confuses me... I didn't come here for you to do that." 

She looked around them, making sure they weren't being overheard. Her impatience got the better of her and she finished her scan of the hallway quickly, turning back to the teacher, the light of the setting sun outside not deterring her fierce gaze. "You think I want you to tell me what to do? Hell no... I wanted this school to teach me how to do it myself. You're a teacher, right?"

She took a deep breath, her body visibly awash with force as she turned towards the window, leering out at the street outside. "How many of the heroes out there do you know? Cause I've met some pretty crap ones... Course I can't respect them. They'd have been kicked out today if they were in that room, goddamn guarantee it." She scoffed, kicking at the wall idly. Even without her deliberately putting any force into it, she came very close to denting it.

"Heroes need to be better. That's what this damn school is for, right? Why you think I bothered applying?" She turned her gaze back on her. "They need to feel the fear I felt in that room. When you said I failed. Nobody else in there is willing to do that, make everyone around them good enough to be a hero. MAKE them be better." Her scowl deepened. "I'm willing to make everyone in there work their damn hardest to be at all worth anything to the people out there. Why aren't you willing to expect the same of me? That's what I wanna know." She waited, not breaking eye contact. For once she was still, not full of energy. No rage, but the intensity remained nonetheless.

ksARFRH.png
"Whatever you say squirt! I'm sure you'll have the baddies quivering in their seal leather boots!"

"It's true! My Quirk still needs some work, but I can take on some bad guys just fine!"

"Hibiki did good. She screamed. A lot."

I trusted you!

"N-Not like, panic screaming, but like... like a... super scream! Yeah. She held her own against that one girl we met too."

That's more like it. "See? I've got this!"

"You ever thought about joining a gang, Hibi? Just kiddin'!"

She sure did think Hibiki was a funny sort. But maybe it could be worse? At the very least, it felt like she'd gotten on Misu's good side somehow, between "standing up to her" back on exam day and now being the butt of her jokes today. But she still couldn't help but feel like she wasn't taking Hibiki seriously when she said she could handle herself. She opened her mouth to retort, but Misu already seemed to have settled down. And was looking at the form she had to bring home.

"I'll have no prob getting a signature from my mom...My dad's kinda got a thing against me going here...doesn't really trust the government."

"He's one of those conspiracy theory types?"

"Guess I'll have to keep it from him, huh?"

"Guess so. I have to take a long train ride home this weekend to get this form to my parents, then take the train back before school starts again on Monday. It's a bit of a drag, but it'll be so exciting to show them I made it in person!" She understood parents that didn't like Quirks and stuff, of course. She even had some of those herself. But, Hibiki counted herself lucky enough to have a family whose love for their kid outshone their feelings about Quirks, heroes, and the whole deal with all that.

In fact, she was so excited to get going, that she just had to get her ticket now! Without a moment's hesitation, Hibiki whipped out her phone, going online and setting up to buy a ticket. Only to immediately look at her phone with a shocked expression once she confirmed her purchase.

"...I bought two tickets on accident."

“You.  You fail.”

Whoa! That was very unexpected, however, thinking back on what Kess said there were parts that didn’t make a ton of sense. It didn’t clearly ring with the traditional thinking of elders and their involvement in the lives of the youth, and vice versa, that Taro grew up with. And going off of her name alone, she doesn’t seem like she was taught that as she might be a foreigner. Is Japan the sane one in this respectful tradition? Whatever the case, it seems that she got the boot and there was nothing Taro could do about it since it would be against a teacher’s judgment against his.

The rest of the school day went as normal, English, math, the usual school stuff he was used to. The day went by fast and soon the class was dismissed for the day, but before giving each student a paper and declaring that the class was to have in-field training and they need a parent signature. Seems simple enough, his parents were thrilled about Taro making into the school and they are very supportive of this career that Taro is venturing into, though they might have doubts to in-field training. Maybe Taro could use another phrase. . . Nevertheless, everyone seemed to be mingling with each other or just leaving for the day, but today was family game night and one doesn’t miss out on such nights without being questioned about why they weren’t there. After packing his things into his pockets, and saying bye to the class, he made his way towards the exit, passing by the Ms. Hitotsume and Kess on the way out.

“Hey, honey! How was your first day of school?” Taro’s mother was the only one home at the time as his father was still at work, but still, her presence still made the day more enjoyable. “It was fine, our teacher is a prohero, that’s cool, and we had the normal educational stuff in middle school, but we get to learn how to be a hero and whatnot. So far, it is going great.” The next ten minutes was his mother going on about how much the school system has changed since she was in school, and such before his father came home a little earlier than usual.

“Oh! Good timing dad, my teacher gave us a permission slip to go on a field trip of sorts and I need to sign this paper.”

“Wait, what kind of field trip?” His dad snatched the paper from Taro's hand.

“We are visiting a few agencies and learning about what heroes do, that sort of thing.”

“. . .It says here you are doing ‘in-field training’, like doing hero-work with heroes in-field training?”

“. . . yeah, basically. . .”

“. . . Well, I’m down with that! I’m stoked about this! Isn’t that great hon?” Just like any mom concerned about their kid, she disagreed to the whole thing and then an hour of them “discussing” about Taro going and working with heroes. Saying how it is way too early for kids his age to just fight villains, even if there is someone there to watch over him. However, after much convincing and a few discussions and agreements with Taro afterward, they signed the slip. Soon after, they finished the night with their planned game night as Taro looked forward to the next weeks ahead.

whIkgqw.png

"Hibiki did good. She screamed. A lot."

"Oh did she now?"  Misu said, her grin getting even wider.  

"Guess so. I have to take a long train ride home this weekend to get this form to my parents, then take the train back before school starts again on Monday. It's a bit of a drag, but it'll be so exciting to show them I made it in person!"  There was a silence that hung in the air after the girl had payed for the tickets on her phone.  "...I bought two tickets on accident."  Misu snorted, and pounded on the desk.  

"You're a riot!"  Misu cried out boisterously.  "Well, no since wasting your ticket.  How'sabout letting me hang with you?  Like a bodyguard detail!"  Misu nudged the girl with her elbow, raising her eyebrows as she did so.  "I'll even work pro bono!"  Misu reached into her shirt to pull out her phone.  "Let's exchange digits.  We'll meet up whenever you wanna go."  Her eyes then turned cold as ice.  "And I ain't gonna take no for an answer, Hibi..."

Meanwhile, in the hallway

"Oy teach!" A second student was now heading her way, and it was the second to last she thought it would be.  The girl strode up to her as if she owned the place.  The attitude already started to Irk her.  "Rage you can't control, huh?" she asked abruptly, narrowing her gaze. "Here's the thing that confuses me... I didn't come here for you to do that.  You think I want you to tell me what to do? Hell no... I wanted this school to teach me how to do it myself. You're a teacher, right?  How many of the heroes out there do you know? Cause I've met some pretty crap ones... Course I can't respect them. They'd have been kicked out today if they were in that room, goddamn guarantee it.  Heroes need to be better. That's what this damn school is for, right? Why you think I bothered applying?  They need to feel the fear I felt in that room. When you said I failed. Nobody else in there is willing to do that, make everyone around them good enough to be a hero. MAKE them be better.  I'm willing to make everyone in there work their damn hardest to be at all worth anything to the people out there. Why aren't you willing to expect the same of me? That's what I wanna know."

Ms. Hitotsume took a long drag of her cigarette.  The air between the two was as if two giant rocks were staring each other down, neither moving out of the others way.  The ashes from her cigarette started to fall from the tip, but fizzled out of existence.  

"You still don't get it."  She replied, her tone more cold than the one she used for Valerie.  "You haven't apologized for what you said back there.  You fail to realize that your predecessors are laying down their lives to pass on their ideals and wisdom to you.  And what do you do with that?  You spat in their face.  You spat in my face."  Ms. Hitotsume pushed her glasses up her face.  "I get it.  You want to be better than the heroes who came before.  That's understandable, commendable even.  And that's what I'm going to try and make this class.  But someone who can't acknowledge the accomplishments, and deeds of generations past will never be recognized as 'better'."  She sighed out of frustration.  "You obviously have the drive to become a hero, Ms. Brawen, but you still lack respect.  I can't allow someone who said those things to become a hero..even if they are strong and have good intentions."  

As Misu finished shaking down Hibiki's info, she strode past her teacher and Kess having a little conversation.  It wasn't any of her business, so Misu continued on her way home.  After opening the door, she felt something rush into her stomach, knocking the wind out of her.  When she caught her breath, she realized Sei was on top of her. 

"You made it through a full day!  How'd you do that!"  

"Ignored most of the stuff...what did you miss me, or something?"  Sei pushed herself off of her sister, and went back inside the house.  

"Welcome home, I guess."  

Misu laughed, as she picked herself off of the pavement, and walked inside.  She waved the paper in her hand, as if everyone else in the house could see it.  

"Hey, Old Lady, I need you to sign somethin'!"  There was a stomping that could be heard coming from upstairs that eventually made its way to the top of them.  At the peak, Misu's mom stood with her arms crossed.  

"And just who are you calling 'Old Lady', you water headed degenerate!"  Misu made a break for it, running around the house with a big smile on her face.

"Catch me if you can!"  

"D-d-don't break anything, please!"  Her father could be heard in his study, the scratching of pencil on paper as furious as ever.  "I need to focus!  I have a breakout piece!"  

Misu's mom stopped her pursuit to sigh.

"That's what you always say dear..."  

"But this time it's the truth!  Strange creature sightings have been popping up as of late, and a government lab close by is on lock down!  Something's sketchy here, and I'm getting down to the bottom of it!" 

"Of course, honey.  Now where's that thing you need me to sign, Misu?"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

The week had past in the blink of an eye, as they usually did.  Misu did her morning routine, putting on a fresh pair of leggings this time, something she hadn't thought of prior.  It was Friday now, and she'd be free to do whatever she pleased on the weekend.  Hero School was so boring, it should've just been regular school.  With the signed paper in her hand, she reminded herself that things were going to get way more interesting next week.  She said her morning goodbyes to her family, and made her way towards school.  Out of an alleyway, a couple of punks she recognized approached her.

"Hey Misu, haven't seen you at Quirk Fight Clu-"

"Bro!!"  The one beside him piped up.  

"Oh yeah right Bro!  Sorry man!"  He cleared his throat before continuing.  "Haven't seen you around lately.  What have you been up to?"  

"None of your business." 

"Wait!  I recognize that uniform!  It's the one to that high and mighty hero school!  Misu's tryna become a freakin' hero!  That's hilariou-"  In a flash, Misu's fist drilled into the guys face, before it slammed into the pavement below.  Steam left her mouth, as the other two flinched back. 

"I'm not a hero yet, so I'm not afraid to beat down some worthless punks before then." 

The two guys picked up their friend, and started trudging back into the alleyway.  

"We'll get you back Misu!"  They said as they rushed to the shadows.  Misu sighed.  Quirks weren't allowed to be used in public, but it was a pretty hard tell if you were using it as an enhancer type Quirk.  She continued her way to school, uninterrupted, and got to class, arriving late as usual.  Everyone was already in their seats, chattering away, as Misu sat down in her chair.  There wasn't much time to relax before Ms. Hitotsume slid the doors wide open.  

"Claaaass~!"  She sang out, before closing the door behind her.  "Before your introduction into real Hero work, we're going to do something real fun today!"  She grabbed her clothes, and ripped them off, revealing a slightly altered gym uniform.  The shirt was zipped down partially to allow her cleavage some breathing room, with nothing but a white tank top underneath.  "We're having Quirk Evaluations today!  Not everyone in the class knows the extent of each other's quirks are, and I only know the Quirk itself!  But I want to see you push it in today's exam!"  The class was trotted out of the classroom, and outside towards the sport fields.  There, three testing grounds.  Ms. Hitotsume wandered to each and rang off a description.  The first was just a regular punching bag with a meter on the side, one you'd see at any arcade, but larger.  

"Here we have the Strike Indicator!  We'll measure your striking power here!"  The next was like a carnival game of sorts, with targets resting on comical portrayals of villains.  "This is the Target Practice!  Only using your Quirk, you'll have to try and hit all of the moving targets!  If you can't that's okay!  Just try whatever you feel will do the trick!"  And the next she showed was the biggest of them all.  A large obstacle course built for a ninja warrior"So who's up first?"  

It was late at night, nearly midnight, when Valerie finally got home. Her mother had left for her job and wouldn't be back for at least another hour. The girl silently disposed of the garbage and cleaned up the mess her mother had left behind. She turned the television off and set everything up for the next day before flopping down in bed.

When she woke up for the next day her mother was in bed and a couple pieces of paper were on the kitchen table. One was a note saying "Don't ask me for anything else." and the other was her signed permission slip.

Valerie wished she could feel happy about this. Yet there wasn't any reaction out of her as she stuffed it into her bag and headed off.

The week passed quickly. Valerie growing more and more excited every day she saw the school. This was real. This was really real! Despite the fact she was still doing normal classes she couldn't help but give it her all. She wasn't sure how this would lead to heroism but she wasn't going to go half-assed with anything.

"We're having Quirk Evaluations today!  Not everyone in the class knows the extent of each other's quirks are, and I only know the Quirk itself!  But I want to see you push it in today's exam!"

Friday rolled around and something truly exciting happened. The teacher's words made her hesitate slightly but she immediately after began to pump herself up.

She wasn't sure how good of an idea to push this Quirk that hard here would be but this was her time to take her first step in controlling it. And making it her own. She'd show her mother that even this Quirk could help people.

And it began with...an obstacle course.

Valerie stepped forward to announce she was going first. "I'll set the bar for you all!" Valerie said with a grin as she began to stretch. She was going to tackle the obstacle course first. She had been trying to keep from expending too much energy all day so the target practice wouldn't work out well for her as is. But after the obstacle course...that was a different story.

She looked the course up and down. It was large. It was impressive. It was going to be such a cake-walk.

The first obstacle, a ramp, she went over no problem. All she needed was a bit of momentum and just press forward and she was at the top. The next couple were a bit more tricky. They required much more arm strength and endurance as she had to travel through them using just her arms. Thankfully, while she had trained her legs more, her arms were still those of an athlete and before she knew it she was halfway through the course without feeling much more than a slight burn.

That was no good. She had to go at it harder if she was going to crush the target practice as well. The next obstacle required a different sort of strength. The bars, including one uneven one, didn't stick out far so she had to use her grip strength to cross it. It was slower going than the rest as she had to make sure not to slip up.

When she reached the next obstacle she realized that, except for the first, most of these required arm strength as well as endurance and some finesse to get through. Thinking back on the rest of her class, especially the note-obsessed girl and the bat, she wondered how well they'd do at it. With a shrug she focused on the next obstacle. She just had to do her best. That's all that mattered right now. Not getting distracted worrying about the others.

The course was over faster than she had expected. She had hoped to have gotten more of a workout in before going to the target practice.

So instead she moved onto the strength test next. "I might not have enhancing Quirks like some of you but you better believe I've got one heck of a punch!" She stepped in front of the punching bag and got into a boxer stance. Bouncing from side to side, getting her body pumping out as much heat as possible before the target practice, she swung with all her might at the bag. The indicator gave an impressive, albeit not as high as those with strength increasing Quirks, number and she glanced back at the class with a satisfied smirk. "Top that!" She called out as she moved on to the Target Practice.

Here she stood for several moments, taking in some deep breaths, and allowing the heat to reach the highest point she could push it in her state.

Then her arms lit up in flames and, with a shout, she unleashed the fire at the targets. Instead of striking one at a time she, noticing the spread of the flames she was producing, opted instead to make a sweeping motion to take out the targets in one action.

She wasn't able to hit the farthest of the targets but the rest went down in rapid succession and she laughed as she finished the motion. "Hope I didn't wreck any of em, Teach!"

Turning her attention on the farther targets she tried to launch her flames forward to strike them. One went down but the others seemed a bit too far out of reach. She frowned as she looked at them. Not quite enough. She still had more work to do. When she turned around she was all smiles. "Guess I gotta give you all some chance to catch up."

After her turn was done she made sure to keep her distance from the class. Even then they'd be able to feel the heat radiating off of her in a large area. Flames still flickering around her body as she tried to relax herself.

c8vVeoJ.png

Yuudai finished up his conversations and was already on his way home, when he remembered he had totally forgotten to swing by the principal's office to speak with him about that incident he dealt with during the entrance exam. He was mentally kicking himself for ending up and forgetting this, but he knew he'd be able to go there or anytime really to talk with the man. Honestly, this was something he really wanted to let the principal know of, just in case it was something he didn't know about.

Nevertheless, he walked in through the door to his home and was immediately greeted by his parents. "Hey mom, dad."

"Well son, looks like you made it back in one piece from your first day!" his father laughed, crossing his arms slightly. "Your mother was worried you wouldn't be able to handle it. Told you he would, tough as nails, just like his old man!"

His mother only rolled her eyes, pouting slightly. "Hmph...don't start Daisuke! You were worried about him too, don't act like you didn't!"

Yuudai could only let out a sigh as he removed his shoes and slid his bag off his shoulder. "You two...jeez. What am I gonna do with you." he said, smirking up at them before all three just laughed at this whole situation. He knew why they were worried: they didn't have Quirks and he did. They weren't too accustom to having to watch their own son being in a school where there were more Quirked individuals.

Regardless, Yuudai and his parents enjoyed a meal and he went on about talking about his day...especially with Kess being how she was on the first day of school. Of course, this caused his father, Daisuke, to slap the table and burst into a laughing fit.

"HAHA!! She threw a rock at your head? AND she was glaring hard at you? HAHA! THAT'S my boy!" Daisuke laughed, only causing Yuudai to let out a loud groan.

"Please don't make it seem like she's my girlfriend. I've already got Herc messing with me saying that."

"Oh the beetle boy says it too? Hmmm, maybe he's seeing something too~"

"MOM!!" Yuudai groaned even more, his head hitting the table. "Okay...let's...let's just drop that subject. I need a signature from one of you." he reached for his bag and pulled out the permission slip. "Next week is...gonna be a big one."

His parents took the paper and both looked at it hard. As expected, his mother gave out a sigh and said not a word before standing up and walking off. This caused Daisuke to sigh greatly. "Don't worry about your mother there, son. She's...just a little nervous." he said, already putting his signature down on the permission slip, sliding it back to Yuudai. "Just promise me and your mother one thing...well, two things: 1. Don't do anything reckless...and 2. ...come back home safe. Alright?"

Yuudai felt his father's strong hand clasp his shoulder. He knew from the look and the tone in his voice that he was nervous as well, but he only nodded his head firmly, giving a small smile. "Don't worry dad...I promise."

HQiOaTA.png?1

The week passed quickly...it was already Friday and well...Yuudai, STILL hadn't gone to the principal in order to talk about the entrance exam situation...today, after class he would HAVE to do it. He definitely had to remember to do this today.

"Claaaass~! Before your introduction into real Hero work, we're going to do something real fun today! We're having Quirk Evaluations today!  Not everyone in the class knows the extent of each other's quirks are, and I only know the Quirk itself!  But I want to see you push it in today's exam!"

Quirk Evaluations? Oh boy...I'm not sure I like the sounds of that... he thought, rubbing the back of his head as his eyes laid upon what was shown off. A huge obstacle course, a punching bag with a meter, and a shooting gallery. Yuudai silently cursed to himself, seeing that this would require some major use of his Quirk...and that meant muscle strain thanks to Traction.

"I'll set the bar for you all!"

First to go was Valerie. She went obstacle course, punching bag, then the shooting gallery. It definitely showed off her fiery Quirk. Valerie had fire and Kess had electricity...that would be a pretty lethal combination...but right now, he had to get his head in the game. Once Valerie finished, Yuudai started to make his way up next. Of course, for himself, he wanted to show his classmates what he had, so naturally, he removed his shirt to reveal his tank-top underneath in order to show off his chain belt muscles on his arms.

"Apologies, Ms. Hitotsume. But I wanted to show the others what my Quirk is...and I had to remove the shirt in order for them to see it first hand." Yuudai bowed to Hitotsume, before immediately making his way to the punching bag first. The punching bag first...obstacle course second...and gallery third. I'll just do what I can there. he thought, exhaling as he had the chain belt muscles whirl to life. With a quick motion, he punched the punching bag and the meter gave a pretty good score. It definitely was higher than Valerie's, but it was to be expected, after all she DID admit that she didn't have an enhancement style Quirk.

After the punching bag, Yuudai took another breath and took on the obstacle course. The chain belt muscles at his legs whirled to life as well, causing him to launch himself towards the obstacle course. He took each obstacle in stride, trying his best not to overwork his Quirk, especially in areas that definitely wouldn't allow him to just run or launch himself through.

Nevertheless, the obstacle course didn't prove to be too difficult to him. And the ones that required to hold on for dear life and get to the next ledge or bar, Traction definitely helped with gripping. Though, the obstacle course definitely started to wear on Yuudai, as he finished and was already tanking his way towards the shooting gallery.

S-Shit...my legs are already at the limit... he thought, leaning up against the starting area of the shooting gallery, but was startled by something here...there wasn't anything here he could physically use to knock the targets down. ...are you serious?

Yuudai thought about finding some rocks to possibly use, but at the same time, he was already feeling the strain from Traction at this point. With a sigh, he had to at least admit defeat on the shooting gallery. He turned towards Hitotsume and held an arm up. "Ms. Hitotsume. I am sort of at a loss on this one, I don't think I'll be able to work with it. I...can't exactly knock any of the targets down at this point...not without using any sort of rock or anything to slingshot into them. Plus...I believe I'm spent at this point..."

You win this round, shooting gallery. Next time though...next time, I'll bring rocks.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

Itsuki

"You're all so lame!"  Hitotsume said, wiping a tear from her eye. 

"Fair," Itsuki said with a shrug as he managed to somehow slouch in his chair more.

"Although, I was pretty lame when I first started the business." She started walking up to the front desk, before stopping at Kess.  Her eyes narrowed as looked at the girl. "You.  You fail. You lack common respect, and you clearly have a rage in you that I couldn't control. A shame really. You can stay for the rest of the day, but I don't want to see you back here tomorrow. You wouldn't know what a Hero was if they came up and smacked you upside the head. Change your attitude, and try again next year."

"Ha," Itsuki snorted, chuckling to himself. Out of everyone here, Kess's was the most aggressive and outlandish, though Itsuki had no idea specifically why she was expelled. Either way, it still somehow felt justified.

"Now then class~, open your math books to page 1~!  Time for some Algebra~!"

The class collectively groaned, with Itsuki being one of the loudest as he pushed himself into a somewhat more upright sitting position. The rest of the day had continued to be just that: hard learning with dry and boring school subjects. Itsuki felt more and more of his soul leave his body as these lessons continued; these were the reason that he would skip class so often prior to U.A. Finally, the day came to an end and they were prompted to get a form signed by their parents or guardians for field training that was to start soon. Finally, this was the sort of thing that Itsuki had come to a school like this for. None of this boring "school work", actually getting to use his quirk and cut loose.

As the class ended the other students started to mill about and socialize. The moment the teacher had stopped paying attention to them Itsuki had already whipped his phone out and was immediately browsing social media. Without paying attention to anything else, he plucked his backpack from beside his desk and slung it over his shoulder, then strolled to the class door. "Later," he said with a half-hearted wave of his hand.

On the morning that the signature was required, Itsuki had come rushing down the stairs all ready for the day and skid to a halt at the bottom. His mother, dressed for work and as prim and proper as ever, was already washing her dishes from breakfast that morning. With his eyes glued to his phone, Itsuki smacked the form on the countertop.

"Hey ma, sign this," he said as he leaned against the counter.

"Don't talk to your mother that way! Isn't that school supposed to teach you some manners?!" She said, placing the dishes in the sink with a look of exasperation.

"It's only been a couple days, ma. Now sign this or I'm gonna be late."

"And what am I signing?"

Itsuki shrugged. "Dunno. Didn't read it."

"Jeeze, what am I going to do with you?! Hopefully that school teaches you some manners sooner than later." Itsuki's mom reached for a pen by the phone and signed the form, but not before reading it first. "Oh ho~! And looks like that might be sooner than later after all! Well then, I hope you have a good time at school, sweetie!"

Itsuki eyed his mom suspicious as he took the form and crumpled it into his pocket. "Anyways, I gotta go, later."

Itsuki made for the door and could hear his mom call out to him. "Wait! Have you eaten breakfast yet?!"

"Didn't catch that! Gonna be late! Byyeeee~!" Itsuki called back as he rushed out the door, determined to stop by the convenience store on the way.

One week later, class had started as it always did. Itsuki made his way to the back corner and kicked his feet up on his desk with his phone out. Lessons had gone so far so good; if the rest of the year was anything like this, he was going to breeze through this school in no time.

"Claaaass~!"  Hitotsume burst through the door with as much enthusiasm as ever.  "Before your introduction into real Hero work, we're going to do something real fun today! We're having Quirk Evaluations today!  Not everyone in the class knows the extent of each other's quirks are, and I only know the Quirk itself!  But I want to see you push it in today's exam!" Itsuki felt his heart sink into the pit of his stomach. Is this what his mom meant the other morning?

Before he knew it, the class was lead out of the classroom, changed into their gym attire, and stood before a trio of tests they would have to go through. The first was familiar-looking punching bag, like the kind that Itsuki would cheese with his quirk for a bunch of easy tickets.

"Here we have the Strike Indicator! We'll measure your striking power here!" The next was like a carnival game of sorts, with targets resting on comical portrayals of villains.  "This is the Target Practice! Only using your Quirk, you'll have to try and hit all of the moving targets!  If you can't that's okay!  Just try whatever you feel will do the trick!"  And the next she showed was the biggest of them all: a large obstacle course. "So who's up first?"  

"I'll set the bar for you all!" The Gaijin stepped up to the plate first and tackled each challenge in a rather straight-forward manner. She clambered over the obstacle course like any other athletic person, but did so more impressively than any normal person. Next she tackled the punching bag and managed to land a solid hit, and finally was the target practice where she actually used her quirk, shooting a wave of flames and managing to hit all of the close ones. "Guess I gotta give you all some chance to catch up."

Itsuki nodded. He knew how to tackle the punching bag, and he already knew he was going to do the target practice, but he wasn't particularly athletic. There was no way he was going to be able to do the obstacle course normally, so he would need to think of something.

"Apologies, Ms. Hitotsume. But I wanted to show the others what my Quirk is...and I had to remove the shirt in order for them to see it first hand." Yuudai was next, undressing in front of the class before tackling the challenges.

"Exhibitionist!" Itsuki called out with a smirk before being reprimanded by the teacher. Still, Yuudai tackled the obstacle course, the punching bag, and the shooting range, managing solid scores on each. Itsuki finally got an idea and planted his fist in his hand. He knew how he was going to do this.

"Alright, I guess I'll go next," Itsuki said and stepped up to the punching bag first. Again, he wasn't strong, but there was a way he was always able to get the high-score on these while nobody was looking. Itsuki took a deep breath and let his arms swing a few times before throwing a very unimpressive punch on the bag. The bag swung with a below-average speed...

...but rebounded back before it could hit the sensor. Then, Itsuki swung another punch at the right moment, and the same thing happened. To anyone that looked closely, they would see a bright green barrier floating just behind the punching bag, and with each well-timed punch the bag would rebound back and steadily get faster and faster each time he hit it. Eventually, the speed came too much and Itsuki realized that if he kept trying and missed the timing then the bag would only slow down, so he let the barrier vanish after one more hit and the bag hit its sensor. The score displayed was very impressive; far too impressive than anyone without an enhancement quirk, let alone without much in the muscle department in the first place.

"Hoo-wee! Wouldya look at that! Looks like all that training payed off after all!" Itsuki said, doing a mock-flex as he laughed, moving to the target practice. He took one look at the range, checked his pockets for anything loose, then shrugged and just moved on to the next station.

Next was the obstacle course: the one he was most worried about. Taking a few deep breaths, he ran towards the first ramp and got as high as he could before he started to sink, generating a sickly yellow/green barrier to stop himself from sliding down and losing progress. It was slow, but he managed to get to the top of the ramp eventually, but he was already out of breath. He didn't anticipate that first step being as hard as it was, and his plan for the rest of the course was going to be hard enough as it was.

The ramp he stood on was one of the highest points of the obstacle course, which was crucial for this step in the plan. Taking a jogging start, Itsuki leaped off the platform and let himself fall a short distance before generating another barrier. Bouncing off, he moved forward generating barrier after barrier, bypassing the actual obstacle course itself as he essentially stepped above it through the air. The colour of the barriers changed each time, however, changing from a green-yellow, to a bright yellow, then dulling to a gray. Sweat trickled down his forehead as Itsuki struggled to generate more barriers, but he tried to remind himself that he was getting there and he was going to make it.

However, he wasn't. The last few barriers he made starting darkening and turning a smokey black, and just as he was getting close to the last platform the latest barrier he generated shattered into a cloud of brilliant particles and he plummeted to the ground below.

"Shit!" Itsuki cried out as he landed into a full belly-flop on the hard ground with a cloud of dust. He groaned and strained to hold up a weak thumbs-up from his lying position, but pushing himself to his feet was a hard task as he felt his ribs sting. Hopefully nothing was injured, but it sure felt like it. With the last challenge complete, Itsuki limped back to the class with his arm wrapped around his stomach, hoping that nobody was paying too close attention to that last part and would focus mainly on the punching bag.

Edited by VCR_CAT

The next week came by much quicker than Lesnar was prepared for. With his new family, his days were spent watching movies, running errands, and avoiding his sponsor father, Sora. After soaking in the fact that that was his name, he was sure that someday, if Lesnar crossed the line, that he would whip out his keyblade stowed away in his closet and start swinging. Lesnar would've never joked about it around them, though. One thing for sure was that despite his hostility and protectiveness for his family, Lesnar felt something that he never felt while with his aunt: acknowledgment and respect. Sora would involve him whenever he could and he was never forgotten, which was more than he could ask for in this new life of his.

The following day of class began as he, once again, nearly got lost trying to find the room. It has been a few days and he's only been in it once since he got here, so the location wasn't quite ingrained in his memory yet. He was able to make it on time, though, as he could tell by the other students still mingling and not sat at their desks. He was able to seat himself just in time for Ms. Hitotsume to barge in like before.

"Claaaass~!"  Considering Lesnar was right next to the door, he took the full brunt of the volume that she projected from herself, causing him to vibrate intensely in his seat and make her following statement sound muffled, "Before your introduction into real Hero work, we're going to do something real fun today!" Because of the tinnitus, there was little context to seeing her rip off her clothes. Lesnar stiffened, suddenly feeling rather warm in the face before realizing that she had gym clothes underneath. There was no kidding himself; Lesnar was low-key expecting a wardrobe malfunction to take place, if not just to make this day more interesting, but he was humiliated all the same.

"We're having Quirk Evaluations today!  Not everyone in the class knows the extent of each other's quirks are, and I only know the Quirk itself!  But I want to see you push it in today's exam!"

Evaluations? Another exam? Lesnar beamed. He loved exams. He loved testing himself. Granted it wasn't a written one, but he now had the opportunity to start working on his quirk and apply it better. Maybe he'll find a way to control the effects that this force has on his body. Perhaps through a suit? All sorts of things jumped around in his mind, all of which made him more excited.

It felt as if he had just sat down before Lesnar was already walking to the gymnasium, where he changed into his gym clothes. It was rather embarrassing, knowing how lanky he was and how loose they were on him, making him look like one of those gangsters in Brooklyn with their low-riding pants and XXL shirts. He certainly didn't want to feel like one of those guys, let alone in this country. All the same, he went with the rest of the class to a full set-up of what you would expect from a physical examination course: a punching bag, a shooting gallery, and an obstacle course.

"So who's up first?"

Lesnar swallowed. More of this presenting yourself to the class bullshit. Oh well, he figured, might as well get it out of the w-

"I'll set the bar for you all!"

"Oh, thank god..." Lesnar sighed, remaining where he stood. He looked up, recognizing the voice as Valerie. Of course, she would go first. Why wouldn't she? And of course it was a sight to behold. Seeing her stretch, working up a sweat with the determination that she wore so well, and the awe-striking glow of her quirk in action could be felt even as far away from it as he was. Finally, she walloped the punching bag for the strength test. "Top that!" Lesnar was about to applaud before stopping himself while looking around, humiliated that he would even do such a thing.

"Apologies, Ms. Hitotsume. But I wanted to show the others what my Quirk is...and I had to remove the shirt in order for them to see it first hand." Yuudai was next, immediately taking his shirt off to reveal what was beneath. Lesnar was speechless. This guy was built like a machine. Literally. As if his limbs were built out of chains, the anatomy of this individual was a sight to behold. Like Valerie's run, Lesnar watched, taking note of these people's quirks and seeing how they applied them in this course. As if it wasn't interesting enough, he saw how the boy's arms began to whirl like tires as he unloaded on the bag. The rest was just as interesting.

"Alright, I guess I'll go next," Itsuki went after, not exceeding the bar that was set for the strength test. It was rather underwhelming, but Lesnar imagined that'd be the case with a few people in here. However, he realized that that wasn't it. With a second glance towards the target, he noticed a strange green force was blocking the bag from hitting the sensor, and with each rebound, his punches kept swinging it more and more until the last one let the bag hit it, bringing up that score that would once again set a new bar. Lesnar was impressed. While Itsuki wasn't necessarily physically strong, he used his quirk quite cleverly to compensate for it. He noted this as he did with the others, watching as Itsuki seemed to struggle in the obstacle course. Nonetheless, it was interesting watching how he used these green "barriers" to maneuver around it as Lesnar began to strategize his own approach.

As Itsuki's run was coming to a close, Lesnar looked around to see if anyone was willing to go next. Just like other incidents, Lesnar would've just wanted to get it over with as he stepped forth.

"Alright, guess it's my turn..." his tone was passive in its delivery as he made his way to the obstacle course. He would wait until Itsuki was done before going up to the large ramp. The course was like any typical parkour for him. Any gaps that were too far for a normal jump was cleared with a short burst of force that spurted out of his palms, giving him the extra boost that he needed. After multiple albeit small uses that led him to the end, the tinnitus started to kick in, but he knew it wasn't over yet.

The target practice was next. Lesnar knew he'd have to use more bursts for ranged attacks, but he let that thought blow aside as he positioned himself to get a good look at the array in front of him. Targets that looked like villains decorated his view, though what struck Lesnar most was what they were made of. Knowing that, he wouldn't need much to register a hit, however he knew that real villains would require more than just accuracy. Lesnar tuned in for another surge that he gathered in his palms, releasing it in the form of several bursts that fired at each of the targets. Some missed, others hit but only barely. These ones he aimed to actually hit like the rest before moving on to the strength test.

The vibrations and ringing in his ears were getting quite bad, but now was time for the final push. Lensar would line himself up, leaving some distance for a sprinting shot. He turned up the volume for his music, letting one final surge of force swell in him before taking a deep breath and releasing everything in the form of a massively boosted run. With everything going quiet around him, only the force of his speed could be felt as the bag grew rapidly closer. Lesnar hadn't decided how to hit it. Punch it? No, his arm would be decimated. Kick it? Kick it. His legs were a bit more in shape, so he let his lower body flip over to position his feet for a double-footed flying kick, which landed with devastating impact. Not having planned for the aftermath, Lesnar's body felt crushed as he fell practically limp, the bag swinging ferociously over him. He groaned, but he wasn't severely injured as he stood up and dusted himself. Everything around him was muffled and blurry now, but he could still walk, albeit sorely. The numbers on the meter would have to show just how hard he had hit that bag. For now, Lesnar was done for the night... at least he hoped.

Edited by Thar

ksARFRH.png
"You're a riot!"

"It's a habit! Whenever I'd go somewhere I'd buy one ticket for me and one for my sister and it just sorta... happened."

"Well, no sense wasting your ticket. How'sabout letting me hang with you? Like a bodyguard detail!"

"Mm! Sounds good!"

"I'll even work pro bono! Let's exchange digits. We'll meet up whenever you wanna go. And I ain't gonna take no for an answer, Hibi..."

But I wasn't going to turn you down anyway. Still, at least that second ticket was being put to use. As much of a shame as it was that she'd bought it on accident, it would have been way worse if she didn't bring anyone with her, effectively wasting her money . Plus, she'd have someone on the train with her for the ride. It would be a lot less lonely with someone sitting there talking to her in person than if her only form of communication was texts.

Days had come and gone, and Friday was now upon Class 1-B. Tomorrow at noon-ish, Hibiki had a train to catch, and then she'd have to get the one back on Sunday. In theory, she could have just left earlier and been back at the U.A. dorms around dinnertime, but two train rides in one day sounded like a bit much for her. But that was tomorrow. Today, Ms. Hitotsume had a look on her face that seemed like she had something planned. Or at least, that was what Hibiki thought it looked like from here.

"Claaaass~! Before your introduction into real Hero work, we're going to do something real fun today! We're having Quirk Evaluations today! Not everyone in the class knows the extent of each other's quirks are, and I only know the Quirk itself! But I want to see you push it in today's exam!"

Yup, she was up to something today. Quirk examinations. This would have been a lot more fine if her wings weren't so sore. She'd been exercising them like a madwoman all week, and the toll was real. The class was brought out to the field, and there, three tests had been set up. A punching bag to measure strength. Hibiki was never all that strong, but that was okay. A target range. She couldn't fire projectiles of any sort by just screaming at them. This wasn't some fighting game. The obstacle course, however, seemed more her pace. She was nimble, and incredibly difficult to tire out due to her Quirk. Valerie stepped up first. She got through it pretty quickly! Even at the other tests, she looked like she was doing a pretty good job! Then Yuudai was up, passing through the first two obstacles and shooting at some of the targets, before suddenly stopping. They sure were weird-looking muscles he had. But in a cool kind of way! He said it had to do with his muscles. Itsuki and Lesnar also stepped up to the plate, faring well enough for themselves

Hibiki removed the sunglasses from her face, squinting as the full light of the sun hit her eyes. And then closing them entirely. Turning toward Misu, she asked "Can you hold these for just a bit?" before taking off for the obstacle course, leaving them in her care as she ran forward toward the ramp. Hibiki opened her mouth, letting out supersonic waves to keep track of where the obstacles all were. She climbed up with little issue with a bit of help from a hefty flap of her wings giving her a small boost up, and while she did stumble a bit or have trouble with some obstacles, what mattered was that Hibiki - with enough effort - got through the whole thing. With her eyes closed. And looking not at all out of breath. She hurried back around the course to grab her sunglasses, leaving Misu with a quick "Thanks~" as she ran over toward the punching bag.

This would be the lesser of two problematic tests. Probably. Hibiki punched the bag, waiting for her score. It was about what one would expect from an average girl, at best. I am curious though, since I've been exercising them a lot all week...

Hibiki turned as if she was going to leave the punching bag, before suddenly striking it with one of her wings. Hopefully that was allowed. Hibiki looked at the score with anticipation... before cheering herself on! It still wasn't an impressive number, but it was a considerably higher score than her fists had gotten! Which left the targets. ...how am I even supposed to hit those? Hibiki opted to skip that part. "Sensei, I can't hit the targets. After everyone else tests their Quirks, is it okay if I substitute it with a decibel measurement for how loud I can scream with my Quirk?"

Hibiki awaited her answer before returning to the other students.

Edited by Yui

PysLiPD.png?1

When Suda got home, it was empty as usual. Suda let out a sigh - he had hoped that today at least one of them would actually be here. The sooner he got one of them to sign the slip the better. Reluctantly, he made his way towards the kitchen to prepare himself something before calling his mother. This was one of the few times Sofia wasn't too busy, and he knew that out of the two of them she was the most likely to sign it without question. Plus her signature would be better for showing off - he doubted the others had listen to 'Skull Crack' by Oto, but Sofia Hawk was an international super star. At least someone would have heard of her. With a slight grin on his face, he made himself a simple meal.

After finishing his sandwich, he got to work. Pulling out his phone, he dialed up his mom's family number. Suda was expecting it to go to voice mail, and was shocked when she actually picked up the phone. "<Hello~!>" She said, before coughing a bit. "Sorry, it's a habit." She laughed softly, Suda forcing himself to laugh alongside her, before she continued. "Anyways, what's up sweetie? I'm in a bit of a rush." She spoke with an unnatural amount of sweetness. She probably recently finished a meet'n'greet or something. Suda simply rolled his eyes, not wanting to waste any more time.

"Heey, Mom! Just callin' to see when you'd get home. I got this permission slip I ne-" Before he could finish, however, he was cut off.

"Oh, how lovely! Of course I'll sign your permission slip sweetie." Suda simply chuckled.

"Thanks." He stopped for a second. "So... how's it goi-"

"Love you too, sweetie. Just leave it by the table counter. Gotta go!" Again, he was cut off, and before Suda could say anything else, the call ended.

"...ing." Suda let out a sigh, putting the phone away. All things considering, this had gone better than he had hoped, he told himself. Without saying much else, he left the slip on the table counter, before going to get a sticky note to make sure she signed it. Not being able to do much else, he made his way towards his room.

A week had past since then, in Suda's bag was the slip with a very fancy signature in it. Today, however, was not the day for the field trip. Instead, they had a quirk evaluation, set with 3 tests for the class. A target practice ring, an obstacle course, and a punching bag. The obstacles and the bag wouldn't be too much of a problem for him, Suda thought, but the target practice... His quirk didn't have any sort of projectile capabilities, so that would be rather difficult. He'd come up with something later. Suda stood as he watched the others go first - after all, it would be rude for him to upstage his fellow classmates.

Valerie seemed to want to set some sort of bar for the class. Suda simply scoffed, although he was rather impressed with what she was doing. Even without an enhancement quirk, she did rather well with the punching bag and the obstacle course despite not using her quirk, and when she did use it she shot down the targets with flames. She was clearly some sort of athlete, although he could have told you that just by looking at her.

Next up was Yuudai, who made Val seem frail by comparison. It didn't help that he seemed to have some very strange muscles on him - almost chain-like. Unsurprisingly, as his muscles seemed to rev up, he did very well with the punching bag, and the obstacle course was no issue either. Suda was starting to get worried, as his class mates were doing much better than he excepted. However, it seemed despite his great physical abilities, Yuudai also didn't have a way to deal with the targets. Suda knew he had to figure out a way to hit them now.

Itsuki was next and, while at first his punching wasn't doing much, Suda noticed a strange barrier form behind the bag. "So that's his plan..." Suda said to no one in particular. This one didn't even bother trying to do the targets as they moved onto the obstacle course. He seemed to be doing ok with it too, using those green barriers to simply skip over the whole thing. However, as he got further and further, the color from the barriers seemed to go away. Suda snickered as he watched the boy flop.

Next up was Lesnar, who used some sort of propulsion from his palms to give him boosts during the obstacle course. He used this sound blasts from his hands to blow away most of the villains from the target stand. Last up was the punching bag, which he lunged towards and delivered a rather powerful kick on it. However, his sound quirk seemed to have either exhausted him or damaged him as he laid limp on the ground after the kick. While he was able to just barely get up and out of the way, he was very clearly strained. The kick had given Suda an idea, as he smirked while the next person came up.

Hibiki was next, she pretty easily made it through the obstacle course with the combination of her wings and a bit of screaming. Her eyes were closed during the whole thing and, after all of that, she seemed like she had never gone through an obstacle course. Her wing also managed to do well enough with the punching bag. However, like some of the others before, she did not attempt to do the target practice. Suda cracked his neck - it was his turn.

"That was all fine and dandy. Let me show you what true talent looks like." He said confidently, walking up towards the obstacle course. The first ramp was a relatively easy thing to get over, as he pointed his finger up above it to form an orb. As he ran up the curved ramp, the gravity from the orb started to pull him upwards, making it easier to finish the climb. As he made it over the edge, the orb disappeared and he stood proudly on top of the ramp. The rest of the course was similar to this - Suda knew he wouldn't have enough stamina to simply orb jump over everything, plus it wouldn't have been as flashy. Instead, he continuously used his orbs to lighten the effect of gravity in order to, with some effort, get through the course. Suda smiled confidently, a bit tired but still in good shape.

The next step was the punching bag. He couldn't really punch it all that hard - that wasn't what his quirk did - so instead he used one of his gravity orbs to pull the bag as far towards him as he could. As the bag hovered in the air, Suda raised his arm up and, as soon as it started coming down, the orb dissipated. As the bag started to fall, his fist slammed into the bag, giving it a bit more force as it swung past the sensor. The score wasn't as impressive as some of his competition, but it was a tad higher than those who did not use their quirk for this test. Suda was pleased, as he turned to the target practice.

He knew his quirk wasn't able to hit any of these targets, so he was going to do the next best thing. Aiming his finger, he pointed to the target that was closest to him. Behind the target formed the orb, and it was then Suda realized a flaw in his plan - the targets were moving. However, he had already fired the orb. It was too late to back out now. With a deep breath, Suda stepped back, trying to time it just right, before jumping towards the orb with a drop kick. The force of the orb pulled Suda's legs towards it, as Suda grit his teeth.

He had barely missed, the target hitting his leg as the orb disappeared. Suda let out a grunt as his back slammed onto the target and he fell on the floor. That one... was painful, to say the least. Shakily, Suda picked himself up, facing away from the other students as he stumbled his way off of the target range. If anyone saw his face, they'd see his face was as red as a tomato in embarrassment with a pained expression from the physical paint he had just experienced. "Damn it Suda, what were you thinking!?" Suda barked under his breath as he shuffled out of the way. Not one of his finest plans.

"Claaaass~! Before your introduction into real Hero work, we're going to do something real fun today! We're having Quirk Evaluations today!  Not everyone in the class knows the extent of each other's quirks are, and I only know the Quirk itself!  But I want to see you push it in today's exam!"

The teacher had wasted no time getting the day started, and that was fine by Diana. A grin on her face, the girl tied her hair into a ponytail, leaving it properly styled, hair where she liked it.

"Here we have the Strike Indicator!  We'll measure your striking power here!"  Diana nodded, that was expected. 

"This is the Target Practice!  Only using your Quirk, you'll have to try and hit all of the moving targets!  If you can't that's okay!  Just try whatever you feel will do the trick!" 

Then Hitotsume revealed the last leg of the examination, an obstacle course. Diana smirked, feeling confident in her abilities for the two she could tackle, even if she had to miss out on one of them.

"So who's up first?"  

"I think I'll hold back for a few..." Diana muttered, speaking to no one in particular. She wanted to be the first one, for sure, but she figured it would be best to watch and see how it goes for a few others before she threw her hat in. Valerie, Yuudai, Itsuki, Lesnar, Hibiki, and Suda all managed to go before her, with varying results throughout. Stepping up behind them, she placed her right hand on her shoulder, stretching her left arm. Pulling her left arm back, she took a deep breath, and...

"<Ee-koo-zo!>" The girl called out as she slammed her left fist into the punching bag, making it wobble hard, giving her the highest score of those trying so far. Turning around and flashing a V with her right hand, Diana gave a toothy grin to her classmates. However, she didn't rest on her laurels at all, making her way to the obstacle course in a flash.

Diana gave a short sprint to get her up the ramp, using the strength in her arms to pull herself up to the top of it a bit more quickly. She was pleasantly surprised to see a course requiring strength in her arms. While it wasn't the easiest in the world, she flung herself across the obstacle in large leaps, before landing, only to be rewarded with more need for arm strength. And another. And another!

And, before she knew it, the course was already over. While she was a bit winded, she still managed to get an above average score on the test, between her enhanced strength and athletic physique. Without the ability to hit the targets from a distance, she instead headed back to where she was, giving Yuuka a pat on the back.

"Go get 'em!"