Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

Diana made sure to stay ahead of Suda as they wandered. While she wasn't fond of having him behind her, she didn't want him leading the expedition, either. Seemed like they would never get anything done that way. However, it didn't take long before they encountered something... strange.

"You...you believe yourselves to heroes...yes?"  The creature spoke to her mind, a heavy feeling hitting Diana hard.  "Do not follow me..." 

Diana had experienced feelings like this before, but the way it hit her this time was just as strange as the creature. It fled nigh immediately, while Diana stayed in place, trying to figure out what happened. Was this a test? If so, why would it give off such a weird vibe...?

"We can't let that thing get away!" 

Suda's voice snapped Diana out of it as the boy ran off ahead of her, chasing the beast. Despite her earlier thoughts, she was the one who fell behind and let Suda steal the lead. Gritting her own teeth, Diana slammed her fist into her leg, crying out a bit. She took a deep breath and then shot forward, quickly catching up with Suda, though ever so slightly behind.

"<Let's go!>"

ksARFRH.png

"Great job everyone~." 

Ehehe, I didn't think I'd be praised for just screaming and headbutting a guy. Itsuki and Yuuka however, were not being praised. After the small-fry had been cuffed up, two not-so-small-looking-fry showed up. The guy looked pretty plain, and had a greivous lack of color. But that was okay, because the girl he brought with him more than made up for his lack of color. Her whole look was pretty gaudy, even by Hibiki's standards. Then there was a whoosh, and a POW!, and it seemed that Ms. Hitotsume - otherwise known as Demon Eye, who Hibiki had never heard of before - would be fighting the gaudy girl. Which left Hibiki and her fellow students with...

"While they're busy, why don't you guys see how you go up against a real thug?" 

That guy. Itsuki seemed content to let the thug get the first hit instead. Herc, not so much. He rushed in, tried to punch the guy, but wound up on his back instead!

"Guys, be careful! I think his quirk turns him into Bruce Lee!"

...who?

"Oh, Hibiki, could you do that thing that you do super well?"

"I can do more than just scream you know," Hibiki sighed, followed by a deep breath. And then, at the top of her lungs, she cried out in a piercing voice,

"I'M SORRY IF I RUPTURE YOUR EAR DRUMS OR SOMETHIIIIIIIING!"

Like that? Hopefully whatever Yuuka had in mind, it would work. If everyone kept relying on her using these types of attacks, she'd much rather end the fight sooner than later, before her classmates eventually wound up going deaf too.

The thugs were immediately taken care of as Herc and Hibiki took out the remaining two, and all were praised, except Yuuka and Itsuki were not so lucky as they were rebuked by Hitotsume. Everything seemed like all was going well for a hero-work field trip, beat up a couple of street vandals and that’s that. That was going to be the case until 2 more guests arrived. They weren’t the typical gangster grunt as they looked relatively well dressed, unlike the thugs from earlier. Without hesitation, Hitotsume stripped of her formal attire to reveal a more than revealing outfit, sporting a weird looking eyeball on her stomach, and ready to fight the spunky girl. Nevertheless, the man wheedled everyone else to take a whack at him.

Itsuki was the first to goad the man to attack him but was interrupted as Herc went in to get a punch in, only to meet a counter blasting him to the bus. Just by that display, Taro was in no way going to meet that man up close, he needed a projectile of some sort. Quickly looking around, he noticed a few rundown cars, even a few with missing tires that would be good for throwing. Running to the closest vehicle, he compressed the car and grasped it in his hand. Turning back to the conflict, Yuuka started to lob a sphere towards the man as Taro prepared to throw. “Just think of your baseball practices. Use your full arm. . . And!” Taro pitched the car at the man as it began to grow back to its original size.

“Please let it hit!” yelled Taro as Hibiki began to yell out loud in what sounds like a higher pitched banshee screech.

whIkgqw.png

Misu shuddered, as she watched the boy approach the rattling bush.  As he opened it, she stepped back waiting for something to explode out of the foliage.  She wouldn't have to wait long, as Katsurou ushered her to approach.  Very hesitantly, and very shakily, she made her way to the bush and looked inside.  A strange looking Raccoon with spines coming from it's rear stared back at them.  

“See Yoshino-san? It’s just a strange little tanuki! Nothing to be scared of!”

Misu shook her head.

"That ain't no ordinary Raccoon or Tanuki or whatever!  Just look at it's ass!"  She said, pointing at the bony spines sticking from the Raccoon's hind.  As if the creature understood, it tilted it's had and chattered.  "LOOK!  IT UNDERSTANDS PEOPLE!"  Mist started to rise from her, as she cocked a punch.  "This has gotta be the thing causing a racket in this forest!  Let's get it!"  

The Raccoon chirped, as it jumped out of the bush and into the forest.  

"We can't let it get away!"  Misu said, jumping over the bush and dashing into the green.  However, spines shot in her direction, with one digging into her forearm.  "BASTARD!"  She shouted, as she gave chase.  

"Well, the fact that we're still alive and you haven't attacked us means you aren't a villain. So that's something.  With that in mind, I guess giving some assistance in searching shouldn't be too bad. Alright, I'll help. Can't speak for her, though."

"Yeah, fine, you can search with us.  But you better not get out of my sight. There's more than one suspicious thing in this forest."

"That's the spirit!"  The man said, hopping across the lake that divided them with ease.  "So you two were searching for something after all, huh?  What a coincidence that we met up!  My intel tells me that something really weird is taking refuge here..."  He said, as he led the two downstream.  

"So, Spring Lock Two, what is it you can do anyway?"

"Oh?  Trying to gather intel yourself...you seem like a cautious one.  That's some good hero makin' material."  He said, as the mask around his face cracked open once more, revealing his smile.  "But I'm not gonna give up my trade secrets that easily.  Would you tell me what your quirk is if the roles were reversed?"  He laughed.  "And your father would call me Spring Lock 2.  My proper hero name is Crimson.  Although, I doubt you've heard of me.  I like to operate under the radar."  He laughed again, as his mask cracked back into it's normal position.  "Hopefully, I won't even have to use my Quirk today...I was really just scouting the area."  He stopped the two as he pointed down towards a track in the mud.  It looked somewhat hoofed, but didn't leave as much of an impact in the riverside.  "This thing isn't apart of the natural habitat.  We have reason to believe it's an invasive species...or worse."  He took out his phone and captured a picture of the track.  He continued to walk, looking back at the two.  

"Aren't you gonna probe me a little more?  Come on, make this fun for me too!"  

As the creature sprinted forward on all of it's limbs, it looked back.  Although it wore no physical expression, it somehow was able to give off a worried vibe.  As it looked forward, the two chasing would soon find out that in the wake of the creature's path, the foliage seemed to try and grab at them vigorously.  

"Please...leave me be...I don't wish to go back..."

HQiOaTA.png?1

The man's gaze shifted between each of the student's as he waited for the next one to make there move.  Although, he still didn't seem to take this seriously, as he wore a huge smirk across his face.  

"Come on, that the best you got?  I had better fights in kindergarten."  He jabbed, wiping a thumb across his nose.  That's when one finally got some guts, and gathered a strange vapor in their hands.  "Uh oh...you might be trouble..."  He said, as his posture lowered as he attempted to dash. 

A solid wall of sound prevented him from running off.  He had to hold his ears tightly, relying only on his instincts.  The sound rattled around in his head, vibrating every bone in his body.  He felt like he was going to break in half.  To make matters worse, a gas was forming around him, irritating his skin and eyes.  He wasn't able to talk from the sheer amount of pain he was in, but he still wore a huge smile.  When he was able to stand up straight for a moment, his eyes shrunk at the realization of what now was headed his way.  A decently sized car had been chucked at him, but Beetle Boy was still down and out.  He opened his mouth, but his voice was drowned out.  The car hit him seconds after, careening towards a building that lay beside the alleyway where they emerged.  It smashed into the wall, crumbling the material around it.  

"BOSS!"  Was all that could be heard from inside the building.  It seemed to be a rather run down bar.  "Evac fellas!  Renegade ain't done yet!"  One of the goons from inside screamed, as a large explosion of dust flung the car into another neighborhood, along with some goons.  The man emerged from the wreckage, while rotating his shoulder.  His clothes were torn, and his body looked bruised at almost every inch.  His smirk from earlier had soured into a frown.  

"So...you brats really think you can step on our terf, beat up some of my guys, and throw a car at me?!"  The man cracked his knuckles, while laughing.  "You kids are pretty insane!  Sure you don't wanna join the yakuza?  Any brat that can put a bruise on me is worth their weight in gold!"  He staggered a bit, before stomping his foot down.  "Well...the survivors have the best chance of joinin'...so why don't we start initiation!" He screamed, as he took a huge lunge towards Hibiki, twisting his hips and throwing a strong punch towards her center of gravity. 

c8vVeoJ.png

"But you better not get out of my sight. There's more than one suspicious thing in this forest."

Least she's in agreement with this. Yuudai smirked, nodding at this. If anything, this guy would be beneficial to helping them look around the area.

"So you two were searching for something after all, huh? What a coincidence that we met up! My intel tells me that something really weird is taking refuge here... This thing isn't apart of the natural habitat. We have reason to believe it's an invasive species...or worse. Aren't you gonna probe me a little more? Come on, make this fun for me too!"

Yuudai did note the strange hoofed track and how it didn't seem like this would be part of the natural habitat. At the same time, Crimson, asked if they were going to probe him for more information. Well, this might be a better time to do so. he thought, clearing his throat some.

"Alright then, Crimson, sir." he began. "What makes you believe this happens to be an invasive species? This happens to be a national park, so how do you know if this is not part of it? It's hoofed, so perhaps it's a deer. Unless you already thought of that possibility. If that's out of the question, maybe it's a wild boar?" Yuudai made his way a bit closer towards Crimson.

"Also...more or less geared towards you directly. Why operate under the radar? Don't normally hear too many heroes doing that. ...unless you happen to be some sort of special ops hero team."

Diana_Seigi.png

As the foliage began to accost the duo, Diana had the slight advantage of seeing it happen to Suda before her, able to dodge the brunt of it. However, while dodging, she manage to hit part of a tree, gasping in pain as the creature's sense of worry infected her mind.

"<Didn't think it was so close...>" Diana muttered as she picked herself up, breaking free from the foliage, and making sure to keep it from grabbing her arms. She pushed forward, now passing Suda by, as she chased after the creature.

"Please...leave me be...I don't wish to go back..."

As the creature 'spoke' once again, the emotion it conveyed seemed to intensify. Go back? To where? And why did it seem... scared? Diana nearly froze at the creature's begging, before realizing the foliage was encroaching once more. With a quick kick, Diana began following the creature once more, though the distance between them seemed to grow larger. Maybe, just maybe...

"Suda! <If you can understand me, go right!>"

Diana quickly began heading to the left, trying to escape the creature's immediate range... and corral it back towards Suda. Something like this didn't seem fit for her quirk alone, but maybe with his help...!

"That ain't no ordinary Raccoon or Tanuki or whatever! Just look at it's ass! LOOK! IT UNDERSTANDS PEOPLE !"

Katsurou was now laughing out loud at Misu’s reaction, unable to believe that she could be so afraid of an animal several sizes smaller than than her.

“Yoshino-san! This must be an escaped zoo animal! Maybe it is one of those Western animals...A porcupine? Or is it a hedgehog?”

"This has gotta be the thing causing a racket in this forest!  Let's get it!"

However, his laughter died down when it was clear she was intent on violently capturing it, with the cloud of steam indicating she might end up crushing the poor animal. Before he could react, the creature had bolted into the forest, with Misu in close pursuit. Quickly clambering to his feet, he attempted to keep up with Misu.

Falling behind in the chase, Katsurou clutched his stick, using it to float him above the forest floor, slowly catching up to the chase. Misu was quickly gaining on the creature and would have grabbed it when its spines started rattling threateningly. In an instant, one of the spines shot out like an arrow and embedded itself into Misu’s arm, causing her to falter as she clutched her wounded arm.

“Yoshino-san!”

Looking between the creature and the injured Misu, Katsurou made a split-second decision to attempt to capture the creature. In one fluid movement, Katsurou jumped off his stick and catapulted it past the creature, embedding it into its path. As the creature turned to avoid the new obstacle, he shifted it into a chain, which shot at the creature like a snake in an attempt to entangle it.

This man...whoever he was, he was entirely confident. Either he was telling the truth, that he was a hero, or he was really good at covering his tracks.

"Aren't you gonna probe me a little more?  Come on, make this fun for me too!"  

Again she wasn't sure what to think of this. She didn't know of a hero named Crimson and the name didn't give her much of an idea of what he could do. The best she could do was press on and face whatever came head on.

It was a much more natural state for her anyway.

Yuudai had decided to ask about the tracks. Questioning if it wasn't just some animal tracks. Valerie couldn't claim to be an expert on wildlife but she did know something felt weird about it.

"This isn't a deer kid. The spacing between the tracks means it's taking longer strides. It's bipedal..." He looked to both of them and squinted. "So either there's a satyr in these woods, or somethin' else...and I'm here to figure out what."

And that would explain it.

With the other question, he looked forward and scratched his head. "Special ops? Yeah I guess you could say that. Some heroes gotta stay in the limelight, and some of us stay in the shadows...keeps the enemy guessing, you know?"

She didn't like that. Heroes should be out in the open. Showing everyone that there were people looking out for them. Even so, his words made her curious.

"You said you got intel right? How'd you find out about this? If you stick to the shadows I'm guessing you don't have the same resources as other heroes. How can you be so sure your information is right?"

"I've been following this case pretty closely...even though I operate lowkey, I'm still a part of the..." He paused for a second, "The Hero Association..."

She noticed the hesitation but decided to just press the issue at hand. "What are we looking for anyway? Don't get me wrong I'm ready to take down whatever we have to but the way you're talking about it makes it seem like something really out there."

"That's just it...If I divulge that info to you...you'd call me a whack job." He laughed. "Even I thought I'd seen everything..."

"Don't worry. I kinda already think you are." She responded honestly.

"My first impression was pretty rough huh?" He laughed a little more excitedly. "And here I was thinking that I was gonna my very own fan club! Forum Headline: The coolest undercover hero ever!" He scratched his temple. "Guess I got a bit ahead of myself huh?"

"Maybe if you weren't so secretive you'd get some fans. But don't worry, once I reach the top, you can say that you worked with me once."

"Oh? Don't think you'll rocket to the top so quickly. The hero world is tough, and fickle." His tone dropped significantly in humor. "Take a tip from me, Val. If you want to be a hero...a Real hero...you don't take orders from anyone. You do what your gut says...always."

"That's what I've been doing." Valerie thought to herself, somewhat bitterly. It's why she was following this guy instead of reporting back to the teacher. It's why she went off to the river to begin with. She was going to be the best no matter what, or who, got in her way.

"You just worry about your fans leaving you once I hit the scene, alright?"

ksARFRH.png

"So...you brats really think you can step on our turf, beat up some of my guys, and throw a car at me?!"

"Even if we don't think we can, we have to!" Because that's what being a hero was about. Sort of. Not the "recklessly endangering yourself" part so much as the "do what it takes to curb out the bad guys".

"Sure you don't wanna join the yakuza? Any brat that can put a bruise on me is worth their weight in gold! Well...the survivors have the best chance of joinin'...so why don't we start initiation!"

"I'm sure!" Hibiki retorted, jumping up with a small boost from her wings, just high enough to avoid getting hit, and letting her land behind the guy. And now with herself no longer between the bad guy and everyone else, hopefully that meant someone would be able to make a good followup. This guy seemed super-tough though! Maybe a bluff would help? Yeah. Maybe.

Hibiki bared her fangs, and dove forward to bite the thug, square on the neck.

mVvsZap.png?1

In spite of the agony that her ears were going through, having not covered her ears to give away her own plan, Yuuka had smiled at the success of their plan. The car, which she certainly was not expecting, was certainly a good finisher against the man though, perhaps a tad excessive. Or it would have been, had the man not been able to still pick himself up from the impact. As he seemed angry with them, she presumed at least as both he and everything else around him for that matter, sounded very muffled, Yuuka couldn't help but get more excited. This was a real villain for sure! And she was in no better place to see how her fellow students, and she supposed herself, would do against such a cad. 

As the man charged forward to attack, Hibiki had jumped out of the way only to go in for yet another attack. Seeing the girl bare her fangs against the man, Yuuka had decided to give the bat girl an assist, rushing forward herself. Knowing her tactics and actual capabilities in this situation were fairly limited, Yuuka reached out with both of her hands. With poison coating both of her palms, the girl attempted to grab at one of the man's arms, both to inflict her own poison into them and keep the man at bay from continuing to punch a bat. 

PysLiPD.png?1

As Suda chased after the beast, it was as if the forest itself was trying to stop him. While he managed to avoid most of it, he tripped over and fallen face first into some of the foliage. While he was struggling to pick up, he felt the creature speak to him again, a sense of worry and dread coming over him momentarily. Diana muttered something in what he recognized to be English, although he didn't quite catch what she had said. As Suda stood up, he saw Diana had ran past her at some point. Not wanting to lag behind, he made a dash towards her, making sure to maneuver around the foliage. This thing was far ahead of them, though. It would be difficult to catch it. Suda took a glance upwards and made his choice, but just as he was about to use his quirk...

"Suda!" Diana spoke, causing him to turn towards her. She then spoke in English, only half of it he understood. While he didn't understand the first part of the sentence, even someone with flimsy English could understand the other half. Go right. He wasn't sure what she had planned, but he decided to trust her on this one. Not like he had much of a choice, as the girl was already running away in the other direction.

"I hope this works..." Suda muttered, before darting towards the right. One advantage he had now was that he didn't have to worry about pulling Diana around with his quirk. Firing off an orb at the ground in front of him, he leapt forwards, the orb pulling him forwards. The orb dissipated as he landed, using the momentum from the leap as he ran onward.

Itsuki

"Well, if it's a show you need, I'm all for that," Herc said, walking up and cracking his knuckles. "I need to punch someone anyways!"

"Wait you idiot, don't just--" Itsuki started to say, but he was too late. Herc had already approached the gangster and thrown his first punch. The punch was, obviously, completely ineffective as the thug redirected and used his quirk to take energy from... some place, and put it right into Herc's stomach, sending the beetle man flying.

"Well... that happened," Herc groaned as he cracked his neck. "Guys, be careful! I think his quirk turns him into Bruce Lee!"

"Dumb gaijin, of COURSE it wasn't going to work," Itsuki said with a sigh. "A thug like that doesn't ask for you to take the first shot if he doesn't have a trick up his sleeve!"

"oh, Hibiki, could you do that thing that you do super well?" Itsuki heard Yuuka say, and scratched his head.

"Wait, who was Hibiki again..."

"I can do more than just scream you know," Hibiki sighed, followed by a deep breath.

Itsuki only had a split second to realize what was coming next as he put two-and-two together with the bat-girl. At the last moment he clasped his hands to his ears as the girl let out a shrill and piercing scream. Despite his efforts, Itsuki still found himself with a harsh headache, pounding eardrums, and he could hear a faint ringing that was taking its sweet time to go away. Note to self, Itsuki thought to himself. Next time you team up with the crazy bat girl, bring earplugs.

Through the chaos, a car had been thrown at the villain, but Itsuki had a tough time telling who it was that threw it. Either way, the ear-piercing screech and the thrown vehicle combined weren't enough to take this thug down.

"So...you brats really think you can step on our terf, beat up some of my guys, and throw a car at me?!"  The man cracked his knuckles, while laughing.  "You kids are pretty insane!  Sure you don't wanna join the yakuza?  Any brat that can put a bruise on me is worth their weight in gold!"  He staggered a bit, before stomping his foot down.  "Well...the survivors have the best chance of joinin'...so why don't we start initiation!" He screamed, as he took a huge lunge towards Hibiki, twisting his hips and throwing a strong punch. In response, both Hibiki and Yuuka had sprung into action, but the amount of bodies in play was quickly becoming too many.

Itsuki glanced over in Herc's direction, to make sure the beetle man's compromised position wasn't being taken advantage of, but then again with an exo-skeleton like that he was probably fine. With that, Itsuki sidled closer to the action, doing his best to get close enough that he would be in range to use his barriers, but not so close to divert attention to himself.

ohSLUWk.png

Herc took a second to catch his breath as he stood up. He had never been hit so hard before, and while it didn't hurt, it was a new experience for him to revel in for a split second. Besides, the others seemed to have this covered. A car was thrown at some point, which was neat, but that seemed to send the gang member into a battle frenzy.

"So...you brats really think you can step on our turf, beat up some of my guys, and throw a car at me?!"  The man cracked his knuckles, while laughing.  "You kids are pretty insane!  Sure you don't wanna join the yakuza?  Any brat that can put a bruise on me is worth their weight in gold!"  He staggered a bit, before stomping his foot down.  "Well...the survivors have the best chance of joinin'...so why don't we start initiation!"

"I rather not join if I can help it. Not too fond of your health plans, ya know?" Herc quipped.

The resulting scream was earth shattering. Just another reason to be afraid of Hibiki, he supposed.

When the noise died down, Herc could see the bat from hell attacking the thug by aiming for the throat, threatening to rip out their jugular. God, that was sickening to imagine. Would she do that all the time? What would her hero name be, Throat the Ripper?

The petite girl Yuuka went to grab the man's arm, for whatever reason. Come to think of it, he didn't know what her quirk was. Maybe they all needed to sit down and talk about it after this. He cracked his neck and looked at the situation. There were too many people attacking the guy at the moment... but maybe... he climbed up the bus, standing on the roof, waiting. When there was an opening, he was going to body slam this gangster like they were in professional wrestling.

“Yosh! I hit him!” Proclaimed Taro as he did an air-pump to himself. However, that victory was short lived as the guy seemed unphased by what has occurred. "So...you brats really think you can step on our turf, beat up some of my guys, and throw a car at me?!" If being on “their” turf didn’t provoke them, the car was a sure indication that it did. Taro ran behind the nearest car to get out of his sight, just in case, while he continued to listen to the villain. "You kids are pretty insane!  Sure you don't wanna join the yakuza?  Any brat that can put a bruise on me is worth their weight in gold! Well...the survivors have the best chance of joinin'...so why don't we start initiation!"

As soon he finished his small monologue, he leaped towards Hibiki, who in turn retaliated by biting the man. Yuuka and Itsuki also got involved, but Taro had no idea what to do as he couldn’t throw another car in that mess without hitting his classmates. Nevertheless, he should be doing something to help but if feels he wouldn't do much to him, then he noticed Herc had disappeared from his last spot only to show up upon the bus. An idea popped into reality as he grabbed another car and quickly ran over to the bus, proceeded to climb, though not gracefully, up and stood next to Herc. “Hey Herc, it’s me Taro. Do you know what to do, because I kinda have a slight plan up my sleeves if you are willing to team up.”

whIkgqw.png

“Yoshino-san!”

"I'm fine."  She said, as her pace slowed down.  Misu dislodged the embedded spine from her arm, spattering blood all over the green brush surrounding them.  She grit her teeth, and grunted, as she placed pressure on the wound.  "Just catch the damn thing!"  

As if on queue, Katsurou had in fact made an attempt to catch the energetic creature.  As the metal stick lodged into the loamy ground, the Spiked Raccoon halted in it's tracks, opting to make a mad dash towards the left.  However, chains slowly entangled themselves around the creature, as it made a high pitched shriek common to the species.  However, in tandem with the screech, it rattled it's spines as if to warn the two to not approach.  Misu, ignoring the obvious signal, walked up to the chained creature.  She went to kick it, but saw how the creature shuddered in her shadow.  

"Huh!?  You wanna act all tough back there, but now that we caught ya you wanna play the cute and cuddly shit?"  Misu crossed her arms, looking at her clotting wound, as she spat towards the side of the Raccoon.  "Whatever.  Guess I won't pummel you to a squishy Raccoon pulp."  Misu turned to Katsurou, gesturing towards the creature.  "Make sure you cover up them spines real good...we don't want him misfiring when we bring him back to camp."  Just beyond the trees, Misu spotted a hint of blue, and the sound of rushing water.  "Let's make a pit stop first...I'm parched after chasing that thing..."  She rubbed the bottom of her nose.  "Cardio isn't my strongest suit..."  

The gangly creature continued to sprint forth.  As it looked back, it noticed the two had suddenly split off from the chase, taking different paths from one another.  A calming sense of relief flooded the creatures head, as it's body became more relaxed as it darted deeper into the forest.  However, the creature stopped in it's tracks for a split second, only to dash off again, angling slightly left of it's previous path.  It normally only came here when it needed refreshment at night, but it seemed to be in a rush, as if to save something.  The creature erupted from the bushes, only to meet with two other humans.  The two would feel as though their heads were being rummaged through for a brief moment, before another voice rang in their heads.

"More Heroes..."  It looked to the raccoon that was bound by metal chains.  The creature stood up straight, towering over Misu by at least two feet.  "Release 011 at once, 'Heroes'...he is of no threat to you...he is in distress."  

"W-w-w-what the hell!"  Misu managed to stammer out.  With one hand gripped on her head, she pointed at the crazy looking thing in front of them.  "Is that an alien!?"  

"You just worry about your fans leaving you once I hit the scene, alright?"

"You don't need to rush!"  Crimson laughed, waving a hand in front of his face.  "You'll make a great hero in no time.  Fire Quirk's are pretty..."  Crimson couldn't stop himself from gripping his stomach, and letting loose an awkward noise from beneath his face plate.  "Fire Quirk's are pretty h-"  Again, his stomach started to convulse, as his laughter only became more evident.  "Fire Quirk's are pretty hot right now!"  Finally, Crimson let loose an incredibly boisterous laugh, slapping his knee as he bent over.  After an awkward couple of seconds of continual laughter, Crimson straightened himself out.  He had to wipe a tear from his eye, but after he had, he placed a hand out in front of the other two.  "I was too engrossed in my incredible joke..."  He pointed ahead of them, where a scrawny, pale creature stood on hind legs in front of two other teens.  

"I'm guessing...they're with you."  He then looked to Val.  "The kids...not the twig monster thing."  His eyebrow then raised itself.  "What are your true intentions here, Valerie?  I finally found the bugger...so I'm going to take it with me."  Crimson then began to stumble over his next words.  "Uh...to a proper Hero Association location of course!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"I'm sure!" 

"You got guts, girl!  Too bad you're bat shit crazy!"  The man reared his fist to slam it against the girls cheek as she dove at him, but was stopped by something dragging his fist.  "Huh!?"  He looked back to see the tiny girl gripping his arm, making it sting like it had when it was vaporized around him.  "Let go, broad!"  He yelled, trying to force the girl off his arm, halfheartedly.  In no time flat, Hibiki was able to sink her fangs directly into his neck.  "GACK!"  The man grunted, grabbing the base of Hibiki's neck with his free hand.  A faint glimmer, like the one with Herc, appeared at the bite entry, and worked it's way to the arm that Yuuka held onto.  A small little burst of force, not unlike a large firecracker, erupted from the man's forearm, releasing the small girl's grasp on his arm.  The thug then continued his punch, hooking it as well as he could into Hibiki's face.  The range would make it a bit awkward, but the force was enough to knock Hibiki's grip off of his neck.  Holding the wound with the hand he punched Hibiki, then grabbed Yuuka's arm with a tight grip.  He twirled her around, and launched her towards one of the buildings.  With her figure, she went flying with ease.  

From the background, a loud yelling could be heard. 

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING OVER THERE!?  YOU GONNA MAKE THE GIRLS DO ALL THE WORK FOR YOU!?"  Ms. Hitotsume yelled, before dodging an ax kick from Gypsy.  The kick itself cratered the ground between the two fighting women, as Ms. Hitotsume leaned into a cruel uppercut that missed by a hair.  "YOU'RE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR MEN!  NOT GET YOUR ASS IN THE FIGHT, OR I'M GONNA JOIN IN, AND WHOOP YOUR ASSES WITH HIM!"  Gypsy's face looked extremely intrigued, as she began to chasse from side to side, her body glowing in dazzling colors. 

"Come on teach!  Keep your attention on me!  Let's dance til the cows come home!"  

"You heard the lady..."  The man was huffing, as he clutched his neck, his bruises starting to swell a tad more.  "Stop being cowards...you don't act like any heroes I've ever seen."  With a smile, the man beckoned the plotting boys forth with a gesture.  "Bring it...or I'll have to get serious."  

Valerie let out a groan at the joke. It wasn't the first time she's been called hot, be it a pun or something else, and she knew she'd have to get used to it once she became famous. So she just waited for the moment to pass. That's when she noticed...what was that? The creature looked entirely inhuman, not like any Quirk she had seen before, and it was standing over a couple of her classmates.

Something Crimson said caught her attention and she didn't answer his question. Instead she posed her own.

"Hold up, take it with you? How you gonna do that? You can't just start a fight with those guys right there."

"That depends on if they attack it or not...I have to protect it." He looked towards the other kids, his voice growing dangerous. "At any cost..."

Valerie froze in place and slowly turned her head towards Crimson. "What do you mean protect...it?" She stepped out in front of the man. "No more corny jokes. What's going on here?"

"Since you've seen it...there's no going back now, huh?" Crimson crossed his arms, looking down to Valerie. "Approximately one week ago, the League of Quirked Individuals infiltrated a government funded laboratory, and liberated many experiments from the facility. However, those things are now being hunted by the government, as if they're property. I'm here to put these creatures under protection."

League...it rang a bell. She recalled her mother talking about them after watching the news. Pointing at them as more proof that Quirks were wrong. Some kind of vigilante terrorist group, apparently. She looked Crimson up and down. He certainly didn't feel like a terrorist. And her mother's ideas about her own Quirk put a damper on any accusation that woman made.

Even so, they clearly were breaking the law. If it was some underground criminal group they busted them out of then it'd be cut and dry but breaking into a government lab?

But it wasn't as though the government never messed up.

"Arrgh." Valerie groaned. "Why can't things just be simple." She muttered. She was to be a Hero. Being a hero meant protecting people. Vigilante groups were often dangerous. But a government lab creating things like that also sounded pretty dangerous...Oh, screw it. "Listen up, you're gonna stay right there." She glanced over at the creature. "And I'm going to have a chat with that...thing?" She looked back at Crimson and narrowed her eyes. "Let me see for myself if your group let loose an innocent creature or a dangerous monster."

She clenched her fist. "You can either let me do that or show me your true colors and try and force your way past me right now."

"My group?!" Crimson reeled back a bit, before laughing. "Man my acting's pretty bad huh?" He shrugged, as he shooed her towards the creature and the other two. "Go ahead. Just don't pull anything cheap." He placed a finger up, as his eyes showed to be cheerful. "You might regret it."

Did he really think he was being sneaky? Well, here goes something.

Valerie took a deep breath and headed for the creature. She knew she had to keep her cool and make sure that whatever it was didn't attack or run. "Yo, I see you guys made a new friend. What's your name then?" She asked as she approached.

The creature snaked it's head around, out of shock. It's head then bobbed to the side to see the other two obscured by the approaching girl. A wave of pressure would bounce around in Valerie's head for a couple of seconds, before the raspy voice echoed in her mind.

"Justice...heroism...is that your name?" The creature planted it's hand on it's chest. "My given name is TS: 064...but the others call me Silver..."

Valerie hesitated at the strange feeling inside her head. That...was weird. An alien-like creature named Silver and a man named Crimson. That was certainly a connection right? "Well, Silver, nice to meet you. My name is Valerie Clark, future top hero, and I gotta say...never seen anyone like you." She put her fists on her waist. "I'm gonna have to ask you what you're doing around here. We heard there was some dangerous things going down in the forest, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?"

"Valerie...Clark...I have scanned your mind for what you believe to be dangerous...and I can assure you that I do not think I have the capacity to do those things...I only wish to experience...freedom."

The creature almost approached Valerie like a serpent, causing Misu to step forward. "H-Hey! Watch out!"

Silver slinked back, as it looked towards Misu. "Are these your allies...do they wish to harm me?"

Valerie raised her hand to Misu. "It's alright. Even if it attacks I can handle it. Just hold on there." She smiled at Silver. "I don't think they'll do anything unless you do. She might look scary but she's not a bully." Valerie almost laughed at the irony of telling this to something that looked like an alien.

"Kinda put me in a tough spot you know." Valerie told Silver. "I'm supposed to stop criminals, and, well, I guess you maybe are that?" She frowned. "But I'm also supposed to protect people who need protecting. And I kinda think you might be that too."

c8vVeoJ.png

After a quite corny joke from Crimson, they heard a commotion going on not too far ahead. Lo and behold, there was the other students in his group...and one more familiar figure. For a moment, Yuudai couldn't believe his eyes...but it was. It was the creature he saw from the Entrance Exam. And from what he was seeing, this wasn't looking good.

Oh no...don't do anything stupid, guys! he thought, shaking his head slightly, though about this time he heard Crimson explain something to Valerie.

"Approximately one week ago, the League of Quirked Individuals infiltrated a government funded laboratory, and liberated many experiments from the facility. However, those things are now being hunted by the government, as if they're property. I'm here to put these creatures under protection."

So that was the story? Honestly, it seemed Valerie wasn't too convinced, or at least it seemed like it from where he stood. With that, Valerie went to speak to the creature, who apparently now designated itself as 'Silver'. Things did seem to be going well, as Valerie was definitely acting like a hero in the regards of attempting to help the creature.

"Kinda put me in a tough spot you know. I'm supposed to stop criminals, and, well, I guess you maybe are that? But I'm also supposed to protect people who need protecting. And I kinda think you might be that too."

At this point, Yuudai figured it was his turn to make an attempt of talking to 'Silver'. After all, he knew (somewhat) about this creature more than the others, and perhaps it would help to see a familiar face. "Silver? So that's your name?" Yuudai asked, slowly moving forward. "I...I'm actually glad your alright. To be honest, I didn't think I'd see you again after the Entrance Exam...and Napalm's dumbass decision of attacking. ...I am sorry about that."

"Ahhh...I see you are well as well, Yuudai the Hero." Silver stroked his face, where the burn mark used to reside. "Shortly after my injury, the wound healed by itself. I do not harbor ill will towards this...'Napalm'."

"You know this freak too!?" Misu said, pointing at Yuudai.

"That's great. I do see it looks 10 times better." Yuudai smiled with a nod. Then he directed his attention towards Misu. "Yeah. Found him in a space during the Entrance Exam. He's alright...may look pretty unearthly, but he's alright. Though unfortunately, the guy that pretty much explodes attacked me and by proxy him...swore up and down Silver was a robot like most everything else...but I could somewhat tell otherwise."

"What the hell...why didn't you say nothin'!?"

Yuudai rubbed the back of his neck. "...to be honest, I've been trying to. Was going to tell the principal about it, just to see if that was part of the exam...but at the same time, didn't tell you guys cause I figured you would think I was bat-shit crazy."

Misu froze, and then looked to the side. "Guess yer right...Probably woulda knocked the lights outta you for trying to scare me with some dumb story..."

Yuudai nodded, before returning his attention towards Silver. "So...Silver, you mentioned you scanned Valerie's mind...so do you know why we're here?" he asked. "Cause I want to know if you know anything."

"All I know is that you are looking for something that someone else has deemed...dangerous. I don't know why that would refer to me...I have done nothing but take refuge in this forest"

Yuudai nodded, sighing heavily. "Yeah, sounds like you happen to be pretty innocent except for just taking refuge here." He shrugged slightly, smiling. "Well, didn't hurt to try and ask if you saw anything. ...er...well, sense anything. Forgot you don't happen to have any eyes...no disrespect."

Diana sighed with relief as Suda seemed to understand her instructions, taking to the right while she went leftwards. If the creature would feel more at ease, it would be easier to corner it, and Suda's quirk would be helpful.

But her plan wasn't to be. The creature had seemed to let its guard down a bit, but it took a slight left, bursting through some thicker bushes ahead. And, if Diana was remembering correctly, those bushes led to...

"W-w-w-what the hell! Is that an alien!?"  

The place they had headed into the woods from. The creature had led them in a circle, and Suda was off somewhere in the woods while the creature landed in front of Misu. Diana wasn't far behind, ready to break through the bushes just as the creature had. However, she stopped herself a bit shy of the bushes, clenching her fists. If Misu was there, then Katsurou probably was as well. She should be ready to catch the creature on its potential return then, right? Stepping forward slowly, Diana peeked through the bushes, making sure not to make too much noise or stand out. This seemed to be the correct course once Valerie and Yuudai joined the other duo, talking the creature down calmly. Yuudai seemed to know the creature, having encountered it at the exam? Strange. It had been a while since then, why did he never...?

However, the conversation put Diana's mind at ease. It didn't seem like Silver meant them any harm, even if there was also a strange raccoon thing with them. All Silver wanted was freedom, huh? Diana stroked her neck with her left hand as she waited. After chasing the creature down, it would only cause more trouble if she burst onto the scene. Besides, someone needed to tell Suda the same thing.

mVvsZap.png?1

While Hibiki and Yuuka's team attack had managed to restrain the man briefly, the girl could only look impressed as she saw the energy trail from the man's neck to his arm. As she was forced off by a burst of energy, the girl stumbled back saying, "ooh. I see, I see." Figuring out more about the man's quirk, she had realized that the control and applications this man with had this ability were greater than she had initially estimated. As it turned out, it didn't matter - The girl's thoughts were cut off as her arm was suddenly grabbed and she herself was launched through the air. Feeling a strange sense of wonder as she floated through the air, the girl let out an, "ooooh- oof." Her wonder was cut off and replaced with pain as she slammed against the wall of a building. Falling to the ground, the girl felt a large amount of pain radiate from her back, spots forming in her vision as she scrunched her face in pain. As it turned out, buildings hurt. A lot. A good note for later, for sure, but for now it was more a hindrance than anything else. 

Slowly pushing herself up back to her hands and knees, Yuuka looked to the other classmates to see what would be done about this thuggish man. As it were, no one of them had the ability to take him down, and given Taro and Herc's abilities she was sure that them trying anything recklessly would only end in disaster. She herself was at a severe disadvantage. With her quirk being more potent with touch, she was far enough away, needed to recover from her current back pains and the man was just faster than her anyway, she doubted she would get the opportunity at present to touch him. Nevertheless, Yuuka figured her own predicament had little bearing on the path for victory her fellow students. If everything about the man's quirk she thought was true, then there were certainly a few weaknesses of it that were in their favor, it was just up to them to figure it out. 

All the same, while Yuuka had much preferred watching her fellow classmates problem solve, she would be lying if she said the energy of the situation wasn't getting to her as well. An obligation to continue fighting herself, as it were. And so, giving what little support she could, Yuuka formed a ball of mist in her hand again. Tossing it, she aimed to explode the poison on top of the man yet again. 

“Yes!”

Katsurou couldn’t help but raise his arms in victory as the spiny raccoon made a feeble attempt to extricate itself from its bonds. He did not have much time to celebrate his victory before Misu stormed over to the creature, shaking it indignant rage while clutching her bleeding arm. Katsurou was about to leap over to stop Misu, but she checked her anger, the raccoon visibly relaxing as the shadow of her boot passed from over it.

"Whatever. Guess I won't pummel you to a squishy raccoon pulp. Make sure you cover up them spines real good...we don't want him misfiring when we bring him back to camp."

Katsurou gave a silent nod as he waved his arms at the raccoon, swiftly morphing some of the chains into protective binding around its hindquarters. With the threat removed, he then walked over the imprisoned creature and delicately picked it up, careful to avoid any stray bites or claws. However, much to his surprise, the raccoon did not put up a fight, instead slumping over in resignation, submitting to its fate.

Catching up to Misu, he noticed that her arm was still bleeding, her arm covered in dark streaks of crimson. The spine was missing; clearly Misu did not know the first aid around stab wounds. As Misu took a seat by the banks of a mountain stream, Katsurou gently placing the limp raccoon by a nearby tree before sidling up next to Misu.

“Yoshino-san, you should not have removed the spine. We will need to put a tourniquet before you lose too much blood. Please, let me he-”

“Don’t touch me punk!”

Katsurou jumped from his crouching position, ready to receive a blow. When the blow did not come, he looked back to Misu, who was still clutching her arm, now attempting to wash some of the blood off.

“I’ll just rub some dirt on it!”

Katsurou wanted to speak out as Misu actually started gathering dirt and rubbing it into her wounds, but after considering her outburst, he checked himself, taking a seat on the bank further upstream. However, the relative peace of the forest was once again interrupted by a strange voice that echoed through the forest.

"More Heroes… Release 011 at once, 'Heroes'...he is of no threat to you...he is in distress."

The voice felt like it was coming from all directions at once, creating an unearthly echo that no other sound in the forest made. Quickly springing to his feet, Katsurou swung his head trying to find the source of the sound. His attention was drawn back to Misu as she cried out.

"W-w-w-what the hell! Is that an alien!?"

Katsurou followed her gaze until he saw a towering denizen of worlds unknown. Towering over even Misu, its unnatural form was humanoid, but it was too thin for anyone to like and its face was featureless and devoid of even eyes. Katsurou gave out an audible gasp as the creature slowly approached them. Clearly, it wanted the raccoon creature, but for what reason he did not know. However, when he looked over to the creature, it was not shocked as they were.

“...What...are you? Please, we can...talk about this...No need anything drastic…”

The creature then turned its eyeless gaze towards Katsurou, sending shivers down his spine as it did. The creature then raised his spindly hand. Katsurou got ready to draw his orb from the captive creature to deflect what the stranger would do, but instead he felt an odd sensation in his head. The feeling was like nothing he felt before; it was almost as if a force was rooting through his brain, looking for something. However, the feeling was not painful. After a moment, the feeling subsided as the stranger lowered its arm.

“Duty...Mercy...I do not intend to fight, as you do not intend to fight. 011 is a friend; we mean no harm.”

Katsurou gasped again. That feeling must have been it reading his mind and intentions somehow. However, he became convinced that it truly meant no harm as well. If it wanted to harm him, it would have already. Before Katsurou could release the raccoon, he heard voices, natural voices, come from behind the creature.

"Yo, I see you guys made a new friend. What's your name then?"

"Justice...heroism...is that your name? My given name is TS: 064...but the others call me Silver..."

"Silver? So that's your name?"

Valerie and Yuudai had appeared from behind a hill, approaching the stranger. Yuudai in particular looked as if he recognized it. As they conversed with the creature, Katsurou’s suspicions were confirmed. The creature, Silver, was simply taking refuge in the forest from wherever it came from. A hiker likely spotted her and reported her to the Hero Association, thinking she was hostile. Approached the creature, carrying the captive raccoon.

“Uhh...Silver...-san… I apologize for this confusion. I thought your friend was the dangerous creature we were sent to capture. Clark-san is right. If you are as peaceful as you say, it would not be right to capture either of you.”

Katsurou raised his hands, causing the chains to melt away and return to their original shape of an orb, returning to him. The raccoon, quickly realising it was free, sprung to its feet and happily hopped between Silver’s legs, its spines rattling as it made happy squeaks. Silver bent over slightly to give the raccoon a gentle pat on the head. The happy reunion made Katsurou smile wide. He was happy to leave the two to a quiet life in the forest, but he knew that they would not be left alone as long as people came to the forest.

“Silver-san, we were sent by the Hero Association to investigate disturbances. If we were to report that you were taking refuge in the forest, I cannot guarantee that more heroes will not come. Where did you come from? Would it be safe if you returned there?”

ohSLUWk.png

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING OVER THERE!?  YOU GONNA MAKE THE GIRLS DO ALL THE WORK FOR YOU!? YOU'RE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR MEN!  NOT GET YOUR ASS IN THE FIGHT, OR I'M GONNA JOIN IN, AND WHOOP YOUR ASSES WITH HIM!"

"I personally believe both genders are equally capable of kicking ass, and just because they are girls doesn't mean they can't do all the work," Herc quipped, but he got the point. Whatever, no sneak attacks for heroes it seemed.

"You heard the lady..."  The man was huffing, as he clutched his neck, his bruises starting to swell a tad more.  "Stop being cowards...you don't act like any heroes I've ever seen."  With a smile, the man beckoned the plotting boys forth with a gesture.  "Bring it...or I'll have to get serious."  

"Oh, so is that how it is?" Herc asked from on top of the bus. "You're getting your ass kicked by the girls, so you're taunting us so you can get us to cover for your shame? Well, I guess I can oblige with that," He had an idea anyways. It was a stupid one, but it wasn't like there was an easy way for his quirk to deal with this guy. "My idea for a sneaky body slam was ruined by Teach anyways," With a grin, he rushed back at the guy, cocking his fist back and going for another punch, much like the first time he attacked.

"Like your body slam woulda even tickled!"  The man said.  His arm prepped itself to counter Herc in the same way he had prior.  "I guess your bug brain doesn't help you learn much, huh?!"

"Oh, I got a few ideas up my sleeve!" He shouted back as he watched the countering arm. He threw his punch, aiming for the thug's head, and once again, the thug once again smoothly redirecting Herc's full power punch away from him. The arm glowed once more, and traveled to the thug's other hand. Time for the plan to go into action. Once the thug placed his hand on Herc's stomach, Herc's other arm lashed out, gripping the man's arm. "Let's go for a ride!" Herc said with a grin as the power erupted, the force applied to him once more. Herc kept a tight grip on the thug though as they went flying.

"What the!?" The man's teeth grit, as Herc's crushing grip dragged him along with the Beetle as the two flew through the air. Herc flipped around in the air, gritting his teeth as he raised his arm up and slammed the man into the ground, dragging him along as the two flew.

"We know you had no choice, but thank you for flying with Beetle Airlines!" Herc commented when the momentum finally died and he crashed into the ground on top of the man.

"Are you even a teenage-" The man was cut off as he was slammed into the ground, being drug across the rugged concrete. His entire back shone like gold. A louder grunt could be heard when Herc eventually slammed into him again. The whole man's body was shining now, as he looked to Herc. No pupil could be seen, only a yellow hue that radiated from where his eyes might be. "Now you've gone and done it." He groaned, as he was able to lift Herc off the ground with ease. "I ain't got much time with it...but man you really gave me some juice." The man launched Herc high into the air, only to wind up a punch.

"I gotta admit, I didn't think that's how his quirk worked...," Herc muttered as he flew into the sky. He figured he had to be prepared for the strike in order for the energy transfer to work, but it seemed he just passively did his trick. Well... that was neat and pretty much a direct counter to anything he could do. Maybe he needed some sort of gear to help with cases like this. Herc turned in the air, watching helplessly. Having wings would be so nice right now...

However, the poisonous gas from before had struck the area around the thug. As he coughed, his swing missed. "Damnit!" Herc gritted his teeth as he crashed into the ground, rolling onto his feet. That... that stung, and honestly, this thug didn't look stable. What could they...?

"Hey Taro! Do somethin' with this, yeah?" he could like, pocket him to contain him, right? Honestly, Herc had no clue how the guy's quirk worked, but he really hoped it would help.

ksARFRH.png

Ms. Hitotsume did have a point. So far, it had mostly been herself and Yuuka doing all the work against this guy, while the boys just kinda watched. And while the two seemed to make a fine team, it didn't seem likely that this big bad thug would go down just against two girls. No matter how much screaming or poison they threw at him. Of course, Hibiki couldn't think too much about that, what with having had her face punched by the guy in question, knocking her clean off his body, knocking her sunglasses right off her face and breaking them, and prompting her to take a couple small hops back, to get some distance from him as well as from Yuuka's cloud. She wasn't good at that in-your-face fighting, was she? Not really built for it.

Unlike Herc, who took to the fight himself after being scolded and subsequently taunted. She couldn't quite make out what had happened with the sun and her poor sight, but it looked like he was doing pretty well at first. And then it looked like he was getting shot up into the sky. And the guy was... glowing? Or something? Was he about to explode? As horrific as that would be to watch, it sure would be convenient. The important thing was that it seemed like the harder everyone hit him, the harder he'd hit back. So little attacks that could have long-lasting effects? Like Yuuka's cloud! Or...

This sun was really getting to her. Hibiki closed her eyes, opened her mouth, and let out that distinct noise again. Bad guy there. Herc, Yuuka, Itsuki, Taro, Ms. Hitotsume and the lady she was fighting, but she wasn't looking for people. She was looking for something like... by the curb! An empty glass bottle! Hibiki hurried in that direction - minding the location of the thug and taking care to avoid him - before picking up the bottle and listening in on the fight, keeping just out of eyesight but still close enough to make out what was going on with her ears and voice. She'd only get one shot at this, and had to not mess it up.

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda wasn't sure what Diana was planning, but whatever it is Suda thought it wasn't happening as he saw the creature dart in a different direction. "Great." Suda said, stopping in his tracks. He decided it was time for him to take things into his own hands, darting towards where the creature had disappeared. He saw Diana go through the bushes as Suda got near. Suda got ready to jump through the bush and chase down their target, when he noticed that Diana had not gone through the bush. Instead, she was sitting inside of it.

"What are you..." He hissed quietly, before glancing over where Diana was peaking. He saw what seemed like another one of his classmates and... the creature! "Why you...!" He was about to rush right into the fray, clenching his fist. However, he was stopped by Diana's arm, the girl glaring daggers at the boy. "Huh!?" He whispered, staring back at the girl. He glanced over at the scene in front of them, seeing Katsurou facing off the the creature. They seemed to be in a sort of standstill, and none of them seemed to be in danger. He leaned in closer to her, whispering quieter. "So why are we just hiding in this bush instead of helping the others?" He practically hissed, crossing his arms as he waited for the girl to answer him. He took another look at the scene. The second anything happened, he was ready to spring out of this bush and teach them who they're messing with.

Itsuki

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING OVER THERE!?  YOU GONNA MAKE THE GIRLS DO ALL THE WORK FOR YOU!?"  Ms. Hitotsume yelled.  "YOU'RE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR MEN!  NOT GET YOUR ASS IN THE FIGHT, OR I'M GONNA JOIN IN, AND WHOOP YOUR ASSES WITH HIM!"

Itsuki couldn't help but sigh and roll his eyes as he moved in closer, doing his best to remain in the blind-spot of the thug as he did so. All of this was a bit too difficult with how many of them were just throwing their bodies at the villain, especially with how they had no planning as they did so. It was chaos, how the hell did the teacher expect anyone to jump in there and be able to do anything? As Hibiki and Yuuka had thrown themselves at the villain, they were both promptly plucked by their arms and tossed aside. By now, the only people left to give a go where Itsuki, Taro, and...

"We know you had no choice, but thank you for flying with Beetle Airlines!" Speaking of the devil, Herc appeared and slammed his body right into the villain, and in doing so a bright light shone from the thug's body.

"Now you've gone and done it." He groaned, as he was able to lift Herc off the ground with ease. "I ain't got much time with it...but man you really gave me some juice."

Itsuki smacked his forehead with his palm. You'd think that Herc's first attack would have given him enough of a hint.

"I gotta admit, I didn't think that's how his quirk worked..." Itsuki could just hear Herc say as he was launched into the air.

"Yeah, no shit!" Itsuki called out as his classmate was thoroughly clocked and sent flying through the streets. When Herc landed, Itsuki could hear something about wanting Taro to do something, but honestly at this point it was obvious that just throwing themselves at the villain wasn't ever going to work. They needed some way to get him stunned and vulnerable, and that's where Itsuki would step in.

Itsuki stepped in a bit closer, though there was still a few feet between them, it was still close enough to work. He plucked up a small piece of asphalt and tossed it at the villain, watching the piece of hardened tar bounce off his shoulder harmlessly. "Hey, meat-head!" Itsuki called. "Do you think tossing a bug is impressing anyone? I was doin' that shit when I was a toddler! Why don't you try this on for size!"

Itsuki attempted a leg-sweeping motion that he had learned from some old, shitty american film that he watched as a kid but never really understood. His form was terrible and, honestly, to anyone else it would be hard to tell if he was doing it as a legitimate attack or as a joke. Either way, his intent wasn't to actually land the hit, as cool as that would be. Itsuki hoped that, at the least, it would force the thug to raise one or both of his feet, and as he would lower them he would find himself with the rude surprise of a zero-friction barrier where he would normally expect there to be hard ground.

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING OVER THERE!?  YOU GONNA MAKE THE GIRLS DO ALL THE WORK FOR YOU!? YOU'RE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR MEN!  NOT GET YOUR ASS IN THE FIGHT, OR I'M GONNA JOIN IN, AND WHOOP YOUR ASSES WITH HIM!"

“No! I wasn’t trying to do let th-”

"My idea for a sneaky body slam was ruined by Teach anyways,"

“Wait! Herc! Didn’t you hear-”

It was too late as Herc took off at the villain as he grabbed the villain then both took off into the sky. Taro was left there on the bus, arms crossed and mumbling to himself as Herc proceeded to pile drive onto the man. However, in the aftermath of Herc's second attempt, the man was left in a state that left his body shinning like a lightbulb. It was a very unusual sight to see, but nothing really clicked with Taro about his quick until he spilled some info on it. "Now you've gone and done it. I ain't got much time with it...but man you really gave me some juice."

Wait! We shouldn’t be hitting him with everything we got. Herc was soon sent flying off before crashing into the ground near Taro, though this time Herc was probably feeling some pain just from his second attempt to punch the man straight on, again. "Hey, Taro! Do somethin' with this, yeah?" Taro showed a disapproving look at Herc. The beetle man, who probably punches first ask questions later, now wanted to know what Taro thought of the situation.

“Hmm, I don’t know Herc, I had an inkling of a plan on what we could do before you just shot yourself at him without taking an interest! Use your special ears!” Looking around, Yuuka formed what looked like an orb that splatters a mist around the man. Hibiki grabbed some trash off the ground what looks like a bottle and hid from view. And now Itsuki, getting his attention with asphalt, took his turn to the villain, "Hey, meat-head! Do you think tossing a bug is impressing anyone? I was doin' that shit when I was a toddler! Why don't you try this on for size!"

"Wait! Itsuki! The mist!" It was too late, Itsuki ran forward into the mist knowing full well that he could get internally hurt unless he didn't know about it. Didn't he see Yuuka throw the poison orb?! However, as he got close, he got down low as if he was to sweep him off his feet, a perfect opportunity! “You reckless idiot!" Taro reached into his pocket and grabbed his second car and threw the car directly at both of them as Itsuki got low. “Stay down Itsuki! Yuuka! Grab Itsuki from your mist when you can!” If all played out, Taro would have saved his teammate and also hurt the man if the car hit again but will dispel most of the mist nevertheless, destroying whatever Yuuka was doing to slow the man down. The odds were against this, but the high risk comes with a high reward if this move plays out.

"Oh please miss Itsuki!” Muttered Taro as the car grew back to its original size as it flew towards them.